Rip W9SH - Steve Henke

Scott Zimmerman posted that Steve Henke, W9SH has become an SK as of 1/8.

He posted the announcement here along with information on sending your condolences:
http://lists.keekles.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2020-January/020855.html

– Post follows –
All,

Steve moved back “home” to northern Indianapolis (Fishers) November 2018. He was suffering from Parkinson’s disease and wanted to be close to the rest of his family for care. He had a successful oration for an aortic aneurysm in the spring of 2019. The surgery, however, caused a minor stroke which further amplified the effects of the Parkinson’s disease.

This past Tuesday afternoon (1/7) he suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm resulting in a fall that caused further traumatic brain injury. He passed comfortably and without pain at the hospital about 12 hours later [the early morning hours of Wednesday (1/8)] at the age of 66 with his wife and family by his side.

I have been in contact with his son John and he is encouraged by thoughts of those who remember him as the brilliant mind that he was.

I plan on attending his viewing, service, and celebration of life on Sunday and would be more than happy to pass along any “good ol’ Steve” stories anyone would like me to share. Steve was a contributor in this technology and I will be sure to pass along to his family how grateful we ALL are for his contributions.

Here is a link to his obituary and final arrangements.
https://www.shirleybrothers.com/obituaries/Steven-Henke/

Regards,
Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC
474 Barnett Road
Boswell, PA 15531

On 1/10/2020 5:37 PM, Bryan Fields wrote:

On 1/10/20 2:58 PM, Scott Zimmerman wrote:

Unfortunately W9SH passed away on Tuesday. I will post more information
when I get to a real keyboard after I get out of the dentist chair. Scott

That is indeed sad news. I corresponded a number of times with him and he was
a wealth of information.

Please do post when you know more,

As others have stated, Steve helped me get my first node running (2360), way back around 2009. He walked me through some of the confusing aspects… RIP Steve.
GeorgeC W2DB

R.I. P. Steve from Andy (K7JKA)