remote base question

I just resurrected my remote base allstar PC, hooked it to my FT-857(same commands as FT897) and I can connect to it, I can control it, read frequencies, etc. But what doesn't work is COS from the remote base radio to indicate signal. The client's repeater stays keyed. Until I send "#" to disconnect the remote command. Maybe I just don't remember right but I recall the remote acting on COS. I have modified the FT-857 to have Micom-like squelch which would make the remote really neat on hf where the users's repeater would not be keyed continuously.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is something wrong here?

And if it doesn't detect COS from the remote base radio can that be added. I have a great voice detection board I made up for the FT-897/857.

Thanks
GeorgeC W2DB remote 2428, 927 40089, 440 2360, other 28599

···

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

So are you saying that you enter # to exit from *4 (the “By your command” command) and that’s when the repeater drops? As I recall (from days long ago, when I had a remote base) that is the correct behavior.

COS from the remote base radio is not active when commanding the node.

That help?

Yeah, exactly. Now I have it figured out. The PC running it was running a remote back in 2011. I just remembered incorrectly. I thought cos and ptt were active while in command(*4) mode. I dropped out(#) and then saw ptt and cos work. Gonna be neat on HF with the syllabic squelch on the ft857.

Thanks fir the response.

GeorgeC W2DB

George Csahanin

Retired

···

On Apr 20, 2019, at 11:07 PM, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp
ASL Admin

April 21

So are you saying that you enter # to exit from *4 (the “By your command” command) and that’s when the repeater drops? As I recall (from days long ago, when I had a remote base) that is the correct behavior.

COS from the remote base radio is not active when commanding then node.

That help?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

While I will have to bump my memory as well,

Have you looked at your logic settings for cos ?

;carrierfrom=no
;carrierfrom=dsp
;carrierfrom=pp
;carrierfrom=ppinvert
;carrierfrom=usb
;carrierfrom=usbinvert
carrierfrom=vox

Not sure I understand how you are achieving cos from the radio.

But a s-meter indicator, while present in the cat system can be derived and I don't think app_rpt can make use of this on HF, it simply does not work well for USB/LSB modes. Great for AM/FM.

You should use and set VOX settings appropriately for HF. There is a vox threshold. Hope that helps.

...mike/kb8jnm

···

On 4/19/2019 12:33 AM, George Csahanin wrote:

I just resurrected my remote base allstar PC, hooked it to my FT-857(same commands as FT897) and I can connect to it, I can control it, read frequencies, etc. But what doesn't work is COS from the remote base radio to indicate signal. The client's repeater stays keyed. Until I send "#" to disconnect the remote command. Maybe I just don't remember right but I recall the remote acting on COS. I have modified the FT-857 to have Micom-like squelch which would make the remote really neat on hf where the users's repeater would not be keyed continuously.

Am I remembering incorrectly or is something wrong here?

And if it doesn't detect COS from the remote base radio can that be added. I have a great voice detection board I made up for the FT-897/857.

Thanks
GeorgeC W2DB remote 2428, 927 40089, 440 2360, other 28599

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Mike, didn;t see your reply till just now. I got it figured out (see above) I was not remembering how it worked and had not dropped out of command mode. Once I did that it worked fine.
COS from the radio is the radio’s COS out but I have modified the 857D adding my syllabic squelch board to it so that the radoi squelch stays open but COS out is controlled by my board. Voice activity activates it. I also only have this active in LSB and USB modes. Works great.
GeorgeC W2DB 2360