Problems registering IAX

Hi Guys i am having some problem, I can’t connect to any nodes, not even private ones, my node shows up as registered in the portal it has the green background but still no connection. When I run rpt cmd 437120 ilink 3 1999, I get an error that the node 437120 cannot be found, I have made sure all is well in iax.conf also forwarded port 4569 to my servers ip address, any help that can be rendered will be really appreciated.

Best 73
Dexter
de 9Y4C

You need to insure you have the correct node number configured in all the correct places. Make sure [437120] stanza is correct and that same node number is correct in the [nodes] stanza of rpt.conf. Also check the $node variable in extensions.conf

I have checked and both stanzas are the same. I’m now able to connect to 1999 private node, bun when I fire up allmon2 on the dashboard it say 437120 not in database, but it shows green in the allstar.org dashboard, I installed the firewall, will that have anything to do with it?

Best 73
Dexter Harroo
9Y4C

···

On Sun, May 10, 2020, 19:52 Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

May 10

You need to insure you have the correct node number configured in all the correct places. Make sure [437120] stanza is correct and that same node number is correct in the [nodes] stanza of rpt.conf. Also check the $node variable in extensions.conf

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Allmon2 doesn’t have a not in database message. Maybe you mean the stats server? It is updated by a couple of lines in rpt.conf. Look for

; *** Status Reporting ***

; Uncomment the following two statpost lines to report the
; status of your node to stats.allstarlink.org

statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null 
statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates 

Best 73
Dexter Harroo
9Y4C

···

On Mon, May 11, 2020, 00:08 Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

May 11

Allmon2 doesn’t have a not in database message. Maybe you mean the stats server? It is updated by a couple of lines in rpt.conf. Look for

; *** Status Reporting ***

; Uncomment the following two statpost lines to report the

; status of your node to [stats.allstarlink.org](http://stats.allstarlink.org)

statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null

statpost_url=[http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php](http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php) ; Status updates

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

You need to run the astdb.php script.

From the Allmon2 README:

... users should run the astdb.php script to get an initial 
   copy of the database. It should be periodically updated with the
   astdb.php script. Please set your cron job to a reasonable time, like 
   once a day and manually run when you need the occasional adhoc update.

Thanks Tim,
Got that part working, I don’t want to be a bother but I still can’t connect to external nodes, can connect to private 1999 and to echolink 266339 but when I try other node numbers, no joy

The node from your image, 437120 doesn’t appear to be connected right on Stats.

If you’re not online to Stats, the rest of ASL likely doesn’t think you’re online either.

From your node, get into Asterisk CLI (.e.g. run ‘asterisk -r’ and then ‘core set verbose 4’)

Do you see anything coming back for activity? Error messages? What about when you try using Allmon to connect to a node. See any errors coming from the CLI after trying?

Let us know.
Hope this helps,
Byron

Noticed a few posts up you say you installed the firewall…

So another thing to try from CLI: What does the output of ‘iptables -L’ look like?

Thanks
Byron

No errors coming back

What CLI (asterisk -r with core set verbose 4) activity shows up when you try to connect to an outbound node, that doesn’t work right now?

e.g. *347277 ?

Understand that you’re not getting errors, but let’s see if the activity output (if any) might yield a clue to any of us as to what may be going on.

Thanks
Byron