Private network dialplan

Hello. I’m trying to setup a local RoIP network with its own dial plan, but still be able to create ASL nodes on user instances.

When creating a private node with a number starting with 9, connecting this node to my ASL node, which is connected to the remote ASL node (even in RX only mode),
the remote ASL node activates the Ranger courtesy tone. Before I could figure out how it works, they managed to ban me on one of the most active hubs to which I was connected in RX only mode,
(just in order to exclude any interference). I just could not imagine that RANGER functionality has so global character.

Avoiding the use of numbers starting with 9 on the local network seems to be the easiest solution, but we need to be able to use the entire numbering range there.
The second option is to completely exclude the Ranger functionality, but I find this functionality useful and do not consider it necessary to disable it.
Thus, the best solution seems to be to use a prefix system.

The preliminary plan is seen as follows.
_1 - Private nodes
_2 - Territorial private network.
_3 - Echolink
_4 - ASL
_5 - Digital radio network # 1
_6 - Digital radio network # 2
_7 - Digital radio network # 3
_8 - Digital radio network # 4
_9 - Ranger nodes
_0 - VoIP services.

What is the best way to implement this functionality to preserve the correct operation of ASL registration and activity reporting services?

Originally, private nodes were assigned numbers under 2000. However, do not go below 1000. I think you would find weird results and have always guessed those were reserved for phone extensions.

If you do not have a ranger node, to not assign it as such. I can’t speak to any of that.

There is one other method to make a private node.
Create the ‘extra digit’ from one of your nodes, where you can have as many as 10.
12345 / 12345x (whatever we call that now)
Do not register the 6 digit node #'s you want to be private.
So it’s not connectable from ASL network. It is still unique and privately connectable.

In rpt.conf, you can list all/any systems you wish to connect with that are not part of ASL network.
(the node# in this system) (IP) (port) (node# at target system)
1910 = radio@144.202.18.199:4569/1910,NONE

I have used this method over 10 years and it works well. In fact I started out this way years before I went ASL-public.Your private network nodes are always connectable, no matter any hick-ups that may happen in ASL reg system. That is as long as they are static connections in some form and everyone is internet connected. dyndns services will work as well.

If you have tighter firewall, you may also want to exempt the IP’s in those firewalls for all or needed ports. Or put them in there so you can tighten it as would be my advise once you make it all work correctly.

Any other voip service would be part of asterisk connections and not ASL and it’s a matter of making it in your dial plan iax/sip/extensions.conf
But do keep in mind when looking at help on the web, we use a older version of asterisk, so some syntax and capabilities may differ.

If that is no help, you will need to ask specific questions so I understand your term ‘network’ and it’s actual use/method.