···

--
George Csahanin
10100 Carson Ranch Rd.
Crowley, TX 76036
682-708-5710 office
401-338-0568 cel
george@w2db.com

No. Different architecture and stuff. You would need to rebuild the image on the new pi. If you were going from one 3b+ to another it would work.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 5, 2019, at 19:04, George Csahanin <george@dyb.com> wrote:

Should a Pi3 b+ image run in a Pi4? Seems like it should but it doesn't boot

--
George Csahanin
10100 Carson Ranch Rd.
Crowley, TX 76036
682-708-5710 office
401-338-0568 cel
george@w2db.com

<george.vcf>

To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

Tried the beta version of the Pi4 image. Sets up easily but I note a few things:
The audio stutter is still there, local repeat as well as to/from remotes. I had assumed that the added processor horsepower would take care of that. The amount of stutter does seem reduced. Also, the audio delay local and to remotes varies a lot. Using simpleUSB. After local unkey I hear the last (up to) 3 seconds of my transmission. Third, but not yet put my finger on this…the system seems to time out, though looking at stats no timeout active. I just increased the timer on the Quantar I’m testing this on to 1200 seconds and we’ll see.
Other thoughts, log2ram is a great idea. But the effort can be blown up quickly by having a swap file. The Pi4’s have lots of RAM, I’m going to disable swap and see what it does, unless someone here has tried that already and found it not to run well. My Pi4 has 2GB RAM.

Those are my first thoughts. Otherwise it works fine.

Audio stutter is caused by the timing in the DAHDI module. It’s worse on some platforms then others. Get a version of ASL for the Pi that has dahdi-dummy installed. It might need recompiled for it to work correctly. One of the best Raspberry Pi installs (earlier not the 4) is the DVSwitch version. It has dummy installed as well as Allison Ducking. Works like an old XIPAR box! Wonderful Stuff.

Kevin W3KKC