People cut out whie talking

OK, This is driving me nuts. I goto a node and listen. Folks are talking back and forth, but as they are talking, it’s like they unkey the mike for a couple of seconds and it comes back talking as normal. Is there a setting that has to be changed in timeout??? I have a pi3 connected to a UV-82 w/ARA-1 soundboard.
Anyone else run into this issue. Thanks

1 Like

Does your transmit light come on when the audio drops out? I suspect the answer to that is yes based on what you said about Supermon. I still think your in full duplex mode somehow.

1 Like

Yes the light does. In what files would you suggest I check. I checked the Pi setting in PUTTY and is set to 1/2 duplex and rpt.conf file it is set to 1. I’m game to try or look in any file. Thanks

1 Like

What is an ARA-1 Soundboard?

1 Like

Announcing the Allstar Radio Interface, ARA-1, ARA-1+
Two new models of USB FOB’s the ARA-1 and the ARA-1+ are now being produced for Allstar interfacing. They
both offer easy to interface radio ports. The ARA-1+ extended GPIO model has all unused GPIO bits available.
The boards also have a COS indicator which can be configured to show receive signal. Here are the key features.

• Boards use genuine CM119B crystal-less chips with 8 bit GPIO
  • Excellent audio quality and stability
  • Option for COS inversion via on-board jumpers
  • Heartbeat, PTT, and COS indicators.
  • Quality thru-hole boards are easy to modify if necessary
  • All I/O is RFI filtered
  • Short USB cable and leaded radio cable, GPIO cable for ARA-1+ are supplied
    The board ARA-1 has all the connections you will need to interface a radio to your Allstar computer. If you need
    additional GPIO the ARA-1+ has connection pads for GPIO bits 1,2,5,6,7,8 plus ground and 5V. GPIO can be
    used for many things including channel steering, fans, AC control, etc
1 Like

Look at rpt.conf for any (and all) lines that say duplex=<some number>. Change to 1 ie duplex=1 if it’s not already. You can also try duplex=0.

1 Like

I found 2 lines. The where set to 1, so I changed them to 0, see what happens. Thanks

1 Like

What’s their web site? Do they provide support for their product?

1 Like
1 Like