Pass certain DTMF to hub?

I’m looking at setting up a hub for a couple repeaters. This will be cloud-hosted somewhere with no physical hardware attached.

What I’d like to accomplish is if users enter connect/disconnect DTMF tones (e.g. *1, *3), I’d like those connect commands to be “forwarded” to the hub, so nothing ever actually connects directly with the individual repeater nodes.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 Like

Look at command mode

[rpt.conf]
#Command Mode
remote_dtmf_allowed=1

at repeater with DTMF
*4 nodenumber to enter command mode

• to exit command mode
1 Like

I wonder if there’s a way to simplify this for users…

Basically, what I’d like to end up with is if users send DTMF “*340589” to any nodes connected to the hub, that would cause the hub itself to connect to 40589.

1 Like

There is a remote “Command Mode” feature.

So you can send remote commands from any node directly connect to another node.

So, through one of your nodes that is directly connected to your HUB node, you would issue a *4 XXXXX (Where XXXXX is your HUB node.)

This will put your HUB node into “command mode” so any DTMF commands you issue will be passed to your HUB and executed.

Here is a brief explanation.

Invoking the remote “Command Mode” has to be through a node that is directly connected to your HUB node.

Press your PTT and key * 4 XXXXX (Where XXXXX is your HUB node) then release PTT.

You will hear a rather strange message (stolen from Battlestar Galactica) saying “By Your Command”.

From here on, any DTMF command you enter will be forwarded to your target HUB node.

You will also notice that there is a second, rather ethereal, courtesy tone on your node. This lets you know that you are in remote “Command Mode”.
From here press your PTT and key *7 3 XXXX then release PTT.

(XXXX is the node number that you want your HUB nod to connect too.
*7 is translated on your node outbound to my node as a * and the 3 is the connect command

After you release the PTT you should hear the connect message followed by that ethereal courtesy tone on your monitoring node letting you know that you’re still in remote “Command Mode”

To exit remote “Command Mode” press your PTT and key #, when you release the PTT you should heat a function complete response back.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: David Andrzejewski via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:51 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Pass certain DTMF to hub?

|

ad8g
August 12

|

• | - |

I’m looking at setting up a hub for a couple repeaters. This will be cloud-hosted somewhere with no physical hardware attached.

What I’d like to accomplish is if users enter connect/disconnect DTMF tones (e.g. *1, *3), I’d like those connect commands to be “forwarded” to the hub, so nothing ever actually connects directly with the individual repeater nodes.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Have you looked at the macro capability of AllStar? With some effort you your part you could create three digit TT sequence such a *51 to command a remote Allstar node.

Yes this is where my searches have been leading me, I’ll be playing with this over the next few days, and if I remember, I’ll post my results here and on my website (that’s how I remember things!).

1 Like