Notes about Beta V2 and Hamvoip

I was working on my second server… the first one using a Pi4B, I loaded the Hamvoip image and it installed fine. I find it interesting they use root as the login, and SSH is Port 222… weird.

Second server on another Pi4B, I tried same image. It installed but would not boot. Swapped SD card to 1st unit and no joy…odd, thought maybe something wrong with SD card (ONN 32GB) soo I tried ASL Beta V2. Booted like a champ. Node setup ok…but I noticed everytime I saved the configuration then restarted Asterisk, when I went back to VIEW configuration, my callsign was blank!! Is this normal?

Considering changing to this image on my 1st server…will that be an issue going from the HamVoip image to the ASL img? Wish funcchar was shown in the list. Had to add it to change from * to avoid conflict with my RLC controller running preaccess on rptr port

Now, one question. Does ASL pass DTMF from node to node? Docs are a little baffling on that point. Can I control my RLC using its preaccess #xy code from the voip link? Do I need to regenerate DTMF down the link or will the ASL pass it ok?

Thanks!
Chris
WB5ITT

Allstar does not pass DTMF from node to node. There is a better way to control the remote node. To do it you use (what is normally) *4. First connect to the remote node. Then do *4 + remote number. Allstar will say “by your command”. Now any command you send will function the remote node. When you are finished press # to return to local node control.

There a number of problems with the menus in the beta including that one. The next beta will have many fixes.

I’m not looking to control the remote NODE/Pi4…I want to control the RLC Linkcomm controller remotely. That’s why I was asking if DTMF can pass thru.

Thak a look at Transmitting Tone Sequences - AllStarLink Wiki

Chris
You might find this useful.

I run 5 private nodes, each one is connected to an RC210 controller. I use the following PHP script to set the clock/calendar and the script is called by a cronjob.

It should show you how to pass DTMF to your controller using “on-the-fly” digits whereas the Wiki only shows predefined digits to be sent

Notes: Node # is 1100
Unlock Code shown is default for this display

<?php	
	//Get ID out of the way by kerchunking and waiting for ID to finish:	
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'susb key'");	
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'susb unkey'");
	Sleep(10);	

print "Sending Unlock\r\n";
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'rpt cmd 1100 cop 48 1,5,2,8,1,D'"); 
	sleep(5.0);	

$senddata = "*5100" . date("His");	
	$senddata= str_split($senddata);
	$senddata = implode(",",$senddata);
	$senddata = $senddata . ",D";	
	print "Setting Clock\r\n";
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'rpt cmd 1100 cop 48 $senddata'");

$senddata ="*5101" . date("mdy");
	$senddata = str_split($senddata);
	$senddata = implode(",",$senddata);
	$senddata = $senddata . ",D";
	sleep(5.0);
	print "Setting Calendar\r\n";
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'rpt cmd 1100 cop 48 $senddata'"); 	
	sleep(5.0);

print "Sending Lock\r\n";
	exec("/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'rpt cmd 1100 cop 48 #,D'"); 
?>

everytime I saved the configuration then restarted Asterisk, when I went back to VIEW configuration, my callsign was blank!! Is this normal?

I found that editing the .conf files directly solves this problem, because the menu is just parsing those files in order to display the values, and if a line is commented out or something, it won’t parse that line correctly.

There’s a few things I don’t like about the hamvoip image and the more I learn about it the more I am against it on principle. I’m glad the ASL Beta is working for you.