Not in database

When you click on a node and it says node number then not in database what does this mean?
Thank you Scott.

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the AllStar Community forum.

The message simply means that your node is not reporting its status.

The stats server uses an in-memory database which is not saved to disk. If your node is not reporting its status or some other technical glitch happened the database is not populated with your node number. So, while technically correct, the wording is misleading and sounds more serious than it is.

Nodes have to be registered in order show up on the stats page. I looked up your callsign on the nodes list which shows that your node is not registered. The node number will have a green background and a last seen timestamp when registered. It’s possible you node is turned off and that’s why it’s not registered.

Nodes also have to have status reporting turned on in order to show up on the status page.

Let us know if you’d further questions.

Thank you I was wondering.
Scott.

Sorry to jump in on this, (I’m not a forum fan so forgive me getting to the point) I have exactly the same problem. I see on allstar site on nodes that I am listed and it has the last time blah blah. But the local allmon2 is a disaster. Its says cant do this cant do that blah blah. I have completely rebuilt from scratch 3 times now to no avail. Oh so why does it NOT tell you that there are pre-requisites that aren’t included in the build? (Linux Raspberry Pi3 stretch) Didnt tell me I was supposed to install apache and php and and. I just wish when a complete image is posted, that it is complete. Is there an instruction of how to build properly from scratch? Instead of downloading an image?

UPDATE:
I found the answer. I re-built using HamVoip/Supermon and it works perfectly. The only problem with this system is it is very protective and took me a while to figure how to get in and change the dashboard which was reminiscent of an early 90’s website. Now I have a clean “Metro” look that is responsive should I log in from a portable/mobile device.

Could you show us your handy work with a URL or a screen capture?

Hi, I am going into isolation so I’ll try when I am back.

WBR/Dave

···

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, 21:27 Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups, <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| wd6awp ASL Admin
July 11 |

• | - |

Could you show us your handy work with a URL or a screen capture?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| G7UAY
July 10 |

• | - |

UPDATE: I found the answer. I re-built using HamVoip/Supermon and it works perfectly. The only problem with this system is it is very protective and took me a while to figure how to get in and change the dashboard which was reminiscent of an early 90’s website. Now I have a clean “Metro” look that …

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Oh dear, that doesn’t sound good. Be well.

Gee, are you going into “internet” isolation??? Or “keyboard” isolation where you cant type a message :slight_smile: I certainly hope not!

Take care.

Marshall - ke6pcv