Node status intermittent?

I have a hub node and two nodes permanently linked to it. When I refresh http://stats.allstarlink.org/nodeinfo.cgi?node=450520 it sometimes shows the connected nodes and sometimes shows nothing. Upon refreshing my screen, it seems to change regularly (at least every 60 seconds, sometimes more often). Frequently the uptime is also shown as “not in database” othertime is shows the node has been up for a long time (correctly). The nodes do appear connected regardless of the reported status.

I don’t see any warnings or other useful info on node 450520 when monitoring the CLI verbosely.

Is there an issue with the system or is there something I need to optimize on my end?

Well, I’ve confirmed I can reproduce what you’re reporting from my end. I get the ‘not in database’ remark occasionally when querying nodeinfo.cgi for your particular one. (450520)

I would have suggested verbose log checking from the CLI for any obvious breadcrumbs, but you mentioned you’re doing that already and not seeing anything.

You haven’t by chance modified the body of the statpost_program or statpost_url statements in rpt.conf, have you?

statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null
statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

Byron

My statpost line reads as you posted, under “For ACID and Debian”. One thing I should have mentioned, this node used to be running Asterisk. I needed to replace the Pi and only had a Pi4. I am told Asterisk will support the Pi4 soon, but as a temporary measure, I installed Hamvoip and copied my rpt.conf (and iax, extensions, and usbradio.conf files) over from the previous asterisk install.

Looking into it, I now changed the statpost lines to:
statpost_program=/usr/local/hamvoip-dnsreg/sbin/send_node_stats.sh
statpost_url=

(I note that the URL is in the script file so that line seems unnecessary even though blank). However, the situation hasn’t improved.

Your node appears on the stats page fine now, at least for me it does. Server was rebooted about 7 hours ago so maybe that fixed it. Is it ok for you now?

Yeah, agree. I can’t reproduce it anymore…appears to be OK now.

Byron

Yes, now solved. Turns out the issue was a mistake on my part. I forwarded 4569 to the wrong local IP address. This was not apparent since all my nodes that connect to this hub node are behind my firewall on the local LAN. It was when an outside iaxrpt user said they were having trouble connecting to the hub on port 4569 that I looked at the routing table and realized my mistake.