Node not in database - help required

Newbie here. I have spent the best part many hours of going through this forum/community and tried everything with this bad build.
Let me explain: The image doesn’t build properly and is missing a web server. I had to manually install apache2 and php. All sorts of errors. I am not a Linux RPI newbie - I know my way around Linux OS and have been programming Linux servers and workstations for the best part of 12 years.
I even downloaded the image again and checked, doube checked and rechecked the SHA. I flashed and verified the install and again, rebuilt using many cross-referenced sources over a whole day (second day because I did the same yesterday).
I cannot find where or why it is not reporting its status.

What I have done as a test (again) is reinstall the image (stretch) but NOT upgraded as I have read and experienced Internet problems with Buster and wpa_supplicant.
Oh, I don’t have ethernet connection - only wifi so when initially building I copied in a wpa_supplicant.conf file or there is no connectivity (and no ssh because I am in headless). I had to go and buy a keyboard a HDMI lead just to rebuild again which made no difference.
Can anyone shed any light on this “Node not in Database” error and if this is an error in the latest build - reference the build errors; no webserver or php. Or is it using a different webserver?

1 Like

Do you have a Pi 4 with an ASL install?

The “Not in Database” is mentioned often here on the AllStarLink Community. Use the search tool at the top right. This post mentions a common reason for the problem, particularly with new installs.

1 Like

Update, config files had hidden characters in them that didn’t show in Windoze CLI. Working on my MacBook Terminal instead with a dark colour scheme highlighted in red blanks which had to be manually deleted. For example, my node number 52094 had an extra hidden character after the 4.
Magically allstarlink node status now updated. Now to fix allmon2…

···

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020, 22:17 Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups, <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| wd6awp ASL Admin
July 6 |

• | - |

Do you have a Pi 4 with an ASL install?

The “Not in Database” is mentioned often here on the AllStarLink Community. Use the search tool at the top right. This post mentions a common reason for the problem, particularly with new installs.

48168 and 49308 not in database? App_rpt-users

Russell, I see that your nodes do not show up in stats.allstarlink.org What version of app_rpt are you running? Check your rpt.conf to make sure the following two lines are in the node stanza for your both of your nodes. statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,–output-document=/dev/null statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates Marshall - ke6pcv ··· (click for more details)

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.