Node 50249 not being registered

What was the resolution on that old thread?

Do not have a list. You will have to research.

acknowledged on the research part,

the resolution of the identical issue was never revealed last time but was resolved after emailing to the list and addressing an admin at that time.

73’s

Shehzad,

Many ASL people are working on your problem and trying to help out.

You created several helpdesk tickets and they were forwarded up the chain, there are a few quietly working behind the scenes on your “UNIQUE” issue.

It appears that there is some kind of CGN from your ISP going on and that may be causing problems.

I am sure you will be contacted directly to help you out. Once there is a solution we can post here for others to learn.

Marshall - ke6pcv

Interesting. It sounds like an ISP (in the middle) may be blocking some traffic from Pakistan. I’m not sure what the laws regarding communications their are or in the network path. Run a traceroute from each of those IP’s to register.allstarlink.org , www.allstarlink.org , stats.allstarlink.org and send those in an email to helpdesk@allstarlink.org. Then, one more test. Change the port used from 4569 to something else maybe 4965 for example. Don’t forget to change the setting in the “server” setup on the ASL portal.

It is also possible the ISP is splitting traffic and sending certain data types via different IP’s I have seen that more and more with cellular data carriers but possibly something that an ISP is doing

Thank you
Nathan Hardman
Nhardman1428@gmail.com

···

On May 25, 2020, at 7:15 PM, Shehzad via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| ap2cj | ap2cj
May 25 |
| - | - |

iax2 show registry for both IP address 203.99.60.213 and 210.2.163.185 on which the node doesnt register show below output

repeater CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                dnsmgr Username   Perceived     Refresh State
178.32.160.82:4569   Y     50249    <Unregistered>   60     Timeout
repeater CLI>

Where is the new IP placed, directly on your node or a NAT router?
directly on the node

root@repeater:~# ifconfig
eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 58.65.173.10  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 58.65.173.255
        inet6 fe80::bb86:931f:36c4:aa59  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether b8:27:eb:5b:c4:2d  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 75799  bytes 28719391 (27.3 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 87815  bytes 9142618 (8.7 MiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

root@repeater:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

root@repeater:~# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         58.65.173.9     0.0.0.0         UG    202    0        0 eth0
58.65.173.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     202    0        0 eth0
root@repeater:~#

Are you changing the gateway and name server with the new IPs?
the filber connection is terminated with a GPON CPE in the datacenter from which one ethernet port is directly connected to the node on which these IP addresses are subnet'ed and have their individual gateways all using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as dns resolvers.

Can you ping register.allstarlink.org with the new IPs?
yes I can ping and resolve all hosts behind [register.allstarlink.org](http://register.allstarlink.org) CNAME with all the 3 IP's as in above thread, I have mentioned that I can ping and provided sample traceroute output from all IPs.

73’s

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| wd6awp | wd6awp ASL Admin
May 25 |
| - | - |

The iax2 show registry command sufficient to see registration status and easier to read. Please post that output for the bad IPs? Where is the new IP placed, directly on your node or a NAT router? Are you changing the gateway and name server with the new IPs? Can you ping register.allstarlink.or…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Shehzad,

Many ASL people are working on your problem and trying to help out.

You created several helpdesk tickets and they were forwarded up the chain, there are a few quietly working behind the scenes on your “UNIQUE” issue.

It appears that there is some kind of CGN from your ISP going on and that may be causing problems.

I am sure you will be contacted directly to help you out. Once there is a solution we can post here for others to learn.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Shehzad via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:11 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Node 50249 not being registered

|

ap2cj
May 26

|

• | - |

acknowledged on the research part,

the resolution of the identical issue was never revealed last time but was resolved after emailing to the list and addressing an admin at that time.

73’s

In Reply To

|

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 26

|

• | - |

Previous Replies

|

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 26

|

• | - |

|

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 26

|

• | - |

What was the resolution on that old thread?

|

ap2cj
May 26

|

• | - |

Tim,

if you look at the old thread @ AP2CJ Node 48092 no longer in DB
My node could not register with same symptoms

73’s

|

ap2cj
May 26

|

• | - |

no, may I have info on any I may use please. Any list.

|

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 26

|

• | - |

It’s very weird that of all the IPs (both static and dynamic) you’ve tried only one works.

Have you ever tried using a proxy server?

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

Sirs,

much appreciated

73’s

Interesting. It sounds like an ISP (in the middle) may be blocking some traffic from Pakistan. I’m not sure what the laws regarding communications their are or in the network path. Run a traceroute from each of those IP’s to register.allstarlink.org , www.allstarlink.org , stats.allstarlink.org and send those in an email to helpdesk@allstarlink.org. Then, one more test. Change the port used from 4569 to something else maybe 4965 for example. Don’t forget to change the setting in the “server” setup on the ASL portal.

Thank you
Nathan Hardman
Nhardman1428@gmail.com

···

On May 24, 2020, at 7:11 AM, Shehzad via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| ap2cj | ap2cj
May 24 |
| - | - |

Update:

The node was originally running with public IP 203.99.60.213 which stopped working on 19th May till date. Today after discussion with ISP Core team, I got a test IP 58.65.173.10 and 210.2.163.185.

with 203.99.60.213 as public IP, no registration
with 210.2.163.185 as public IP of the node, the problem remains the same
with 58.65.173.10 and wollah , everything came back to life. these IP’s are all allocated to us form our ISP and no blocking is done from their end.
repeater*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host dnsmgr Username Perceived Refresh State
178.32.160.82:4569 Y 50249 58.65.173.10:4569 60 Registered

this reminds me of an old thread on app_rpt-users@lists.allstarlink.org date:Jun 18, 2018, 2:43 PM between Bryan Fields and myself “AP2CJ Node 48092 no longer in DB” https://community.allstarlink.org/t/ap2cj-node-48092-no-longer-in-db/14317/4 in which the resolution at the end was “I allowed your ISP’s entire block and it’s working now in the stats server :slight_smile:” from Bryan.

Would much appreciate on allowance of IP subnets of Pakistan to be permanent. my node 48092 AP2CJ is also reporting

root@VMASL:~# cat /home/stats.txt
Error! Not Authorized from IP …

73’s

In Reply To

| ap2cj | ap2cj
May 23 |
| - | - |

Connected to Asterisk GIT Version 004b9dd currently running on VMASL (pid = 350) Verbosity is at least 10 Core debug is at least 10 VMASLCLI> iax2 show registry Host dnsmgr Username Perceived Refresh State 178.32.160.82:4569 Y 480920 …

Dear all,

I have been up in arms with the my ISP’s providing services in our datacenter, got one of the ISP to ensure no kind of CGN is deployed after a detailed session with their CTO to provide the required service, my node 48092 is online. I am still head to head with the other for 50249 node original IP .

responses much appreciated from all.

73’s

Shehzad
AP2CJ