No WiFi interface on rPi 3 B with beta 5

It’s like the interface just doesn’t exist. Any ideas?

ifconfig didn’t list the interface
When trying to set the country code for WiFi it says it doesn’t exist

I looked at some other things as well to no avail.

I’ll try on my Pi3B and report back.

Thanks, Rob. It’s good to be on Debian regardless. I was pulling my hair out with Arch.

ASL used either Centos (ACID) or with Pi it has been Debian. Brand X uses Arch which has a good package manager but nothing is where it should be in the tree

Yeah, obviously I’m on pi. I still don’t understand why things aren’t where they’re supposed to be in Brand x but I guess it is what it is.

Yay, Zerotier works properly on ASL. Unlike Brand X.

Do you mind sharing how you use ZeroTeir? Is your use for home access to a remote ASL node, perhaps on a cellular network?

Update: I have Zerotier working with a Mac connecting the ASL 2.0.0.beta5 Rpi.

I’m unable to reproduce this issue with my RPi 3B+. What exact model do you have?

Howdy,

I just installed beta 5. I’m having different problems with GPG and SSL that I’ll outline in another post…I kinda hate the forum and I’m not sure that the mailing list version is working.

Anyway, I had to manually define my wifi. The node I put the beta on is a Pi 2, with a wifi dongle. I guess that’s why putting a wpa_supplicant in the /boot directory didn’t work? Anyway, just to make things interesting, my interfaces aren’t eth0 and wlan0 as one would suppose. Fortunately I was able to connect to ethernet to do what needed doing.

ifconfig shows that my ethernet was not eth0 but was rather enxb827eb8ac215 (derived, I discovered, from the MAC address of the ethernet adapter). Similarly, my wireless dongle was wlx0013ef802272 with no IP address assigned.

/etc/network/interfaces didn’t have any interfaces defined, so I defined them, using the information from ifconfig. wpa_supplicant was put into place, and the wireless came up correctly after a reboot. However, I’m unsure why this didn’t happen without the manual intervention.