New User can not login

I requested an account, received the conformation email. I try and login but get returned to the login page. I have reset my password but still can not login. I received my ClearNode today and would like to get my Allstar number and hotspot setup. Please advise how to get logged into the site.
Thanks,
Jim -wd0jim

Jim, sent you a PM with new password.

I am also experiencing a problem trying to login. I was able to create an account. I cannot remember now if I got the confirmation message or not. Nothing in my spam or trash bin. I tried again this time rec msg account exists. I can reset my password but no matter what I try cannot login in the page to start process to get a node.

Gene,

I’ve enabled your account. Please login with your callsign and the password you created when signing up. Use the password reset link if you forgot.

Welcome to AllStar.

Gene,

Open a ticket with the help desk at helpdesk@allstarlink.org

We will do our best to help you out.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Gene Montalbano via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 12:48 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] New User can not login

KD9ACW
April 21

I am also experiencing a problem trying to login. I was able to create an account. I cannot remember now if I got the confirmation message or not. Nothing in my spam or trash bin. I tried again this time rec msg account exists. I can reset my password but no matter what I try cannot login in the page to start process to get a node.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 15

Previous Replies

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 15

wd0jim
April 14

I requested an account, received the conformation email. I try and login but get returned to the login page. I have reset my password but still can not login. I received my ClearNode today and would like to get my Allstar number and hotspot setup. Please advise how to get logged into the site.
Thanks,
Jim -wd0jim

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi,
I have been trying to get my account gong again, but cannot reset my password using the automated system. I gained access to this forum by creating an new account. Please reset wa6klb so I can get into the main account. Thanks, Jon

Sent you a PM. Please it check for password reset.

OK, I’m still lost. You reset my password to what? Jon

I sent you a private message. Do you see the green circle by your avatar upper right? Click there and then the envelope.

Thanks so much! Still learning… Jon

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp
ASL Admin

April 25

I sent you a private message. Do you see the green circle by your avatar upper right? Click there and then the envelope.

In Reply To

wa6klb1

April 25

OK, I’m still lost. You reset my password to what? Jon

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

So i need to wait for the account to be activated before i can log in? I clicked the email activation link that i got.

Yep, you have to wait. We validate your call sign within 24 hours and you get an email when that’s complete.

I just checked and there are no outstanding account requests. You should have received the email. But let us know if not.

I’m having similar issues. I haven’t received the activation link after about 48 hours. I checked the spam folder and don’t see anything there either. I don’t have any active filters that would cause the message to get lost.

Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the AllStar community. Sorry you didn’t get our emails. Looks like you didn’t get the initial email to confirm your email.

I’ve approved your AllStarLink account so your ID is ready for you to login.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for getting it fixed. I’ve submitted a node request and have a pi waiting to put the settings into. I’m looking forward to getting on the air with it.

There are no outstanding node requests, so you should have your node number by now.

It looks like I’m running into the same issue. I received my validation email this morning but when I try to log on I’m returned back to the home page without any noticeable errors in the console. I also tried using Chrome to make sure it wasn’t uBlock or uMatrix causing the problem since they’re only used with firefox but still no joy. I was able to do a password reset without any problems.

Browsers tried: Firefox 79.0 and Chrome 84.0.4147.105

Thanks & 73

1 Like

Are you using your callsign (not email address) to login?

1 Like

Yes. I also tried lower case but it didn’t change the behavior. Unfortunately the site isn’t returning any sort of error message on the failed attempts so I’m not really sure what’s going on.

I changed your password and sent you a PM with the new password.

1 Like