MY perssonal information stolen?

Can I ask who is the persson responsible for the stealing of my perssonal data?

A wbsite name pttlink.org that looks the same as allstarlink have all my information even my login name and password, my home address, my phone number and node password.

I never gave permission for those information to be given to a 3rd party.

What does allstarlink.org will do on this?

Pierre
VE2PF

I need to have the information so that I can file a complaint to the attorney general of his/her state about the stealing of my personal data.

I have all the necessary proof.

1 Like

I’m interested in who stole all my data as well as there are certain data protection laws applicable to those with access to my data based upon the municipality where I live. Class action against the thief anyone? While jail time may not be a possible outcome I’d hope they would learn quite a lesson after being cleaned out civically and losing everything they have financially due to civil judgement which only takes a preponderance of the evidence which I think is in place already.

Eric
AF6EP

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Jan 2, 2021, at 10:04 AM, Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
January 2 |

• | - |

I need to have the information so that I can file a complaint to the attorney general of his/her state about the stealing of my personal data.

I have all the necessary proof.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

| Pierre_Martel
January 2 |

• | - |

Can I ask who is the persson responsible for the stealing of my perssonal data?

A wbsite name pttlink.org that looks the same as allstarlink have all my information even my login name and password, my home address, my phone number and node password.

I never gave permission for those information to be given to a 3rd party.

What does allstarlink.org will do on this?

Pierre
VE2PF

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I like the idea about a class action… could teach someone a few good lesson.

Subscribed.

Interested in knowing if they have a copy of the DB or have access to updated data.

Now, what we need is a ham that is also an attorney. We could need legal help with the situation.

If i read right it is part of the allstar network if you read the about page… just a different page they have.

No, this is not any part of the allstarlink network.

in the bottom of the page they wrote very clearly:

I tried to go to that address and nothing was there.

···

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 1:17 PM Pierre Martel via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Pierre_Martel
January 3 |

• | - |

No, this is not any part of the allstarlink network.

in the bottom of the page they wrote very clearly:

In Reply To

| k9afb
January 3 |

• | - |

If i read right it is part of the allstar network if you read the about page… just a different page they have.

Yea, I know that’s where I tried to open and it wouldn’t. Here’s a copy of email I sent them to show how I feel about the way they did this transitioning.

Remove my info from the pttlink.org.

I also think this was a bad idea causing problems for people trying to use their nodes. Could have been done by letting the people that wanted to change do it which would not have hindered the connections. Bad idea on you alls part.

···

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 8:40 PM Douglas Goree via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| KM4VPG
January 4 |

• | - |

I tried to go to that address and nothing was there.

··· (click for more details)

In Reply To

| Pierre_Martel
January 3 |

• | - |

No, this is not any part of the allstarlink network. in the bottom of the page they wrote very clearly: [image]

I changed my password and allstar password for my node on here. I also changed my password on that site. Disguntled or not they had no right to copy the main site and take the data.

2 Likes

I changed all my passwords too. PTTLink should not have the same info. Major security issue to me.

I changed passwords for all my nodes, as well as the access to allstarlink.org. If the site was initially compromised though, wouldn’t the pttlink site be able to copy the changed passwords?

It doesn’t appear so, at least as of yesterday it was true.

I tested a reset password on ASL to PTT and it failed. Reset it again after, in case PTT was capturing password attempts to later attempt against ASL for validation.

1 Like

I just want you to know that we are taking this situation very seriously. As Secretary of the Board, I sent an email to Stacy Olivas - KG7QIN, and asked him to remove our user’s data off the PTTLink servers that he and Bryan Fields W9CR control. As some of you are aware, years ago, Steve Zingman set up the Allstarlink Github site on Allstarlink Inc.’s behalf. Our volunteers had admin access to it. PTTlink moved the code to a PTTLink GitHub site and sadly deleted all the code off the Allstarlink Github site. They has subsequently put the code back on the Allstarlink Github but we do not have control over the site at this time. I have also asked Stacy to return control back to Allstarlink Inc. So far, he has not responded nor complied with my request.

2 Likes

I’ve read everything posted by both groups. Here, reddit, mailing list.

The biggest question that come to mind is why didn’t you tell Stacy and the rest of that group about this? I mean you and your group also are to blame for this issue we see here now.

Basically it boils down to egos from what I can tell. If anything is obvious from all these posts can be summed up as a failure to communicate.

And after all is said and done you really expect me to let you safeguard my personal information based solely on this statement?

At this point I don’t think I can trust either group to do the right thing. And with how nasty things are being I’m questioning if I even care to stay in this hobby.

I guess I need to think this over. I will cast my vote for who I support with having my nodes online on that system

Also feel free to edit this reply. Seems like that is something the other group called you out on. I doubt this criticism will remain up since it goes against the story being sold.

1 Like

Critisism has been left in place and un edited. What been edited is configuration change that would had made un weary node admins to “fix” something broken when it is not. the lines that were removed are the lines that explained how to switch from allstarlink. and switch to pttlink. And those line were posted to sound as if it was a way to fix a registration problem when there was none.

From my point of view. I would vote on staying with allstarlink. They never posted half true or removed countain from the github that was setup by Steve on behalf of the ASL board.

Furthur more. They had to work with some individual that were toxic to the board of director, same people that kept assets that belong to the ASL inc. entity. And now they are using those assets to go against the ASL network.

We are still living waves caused by the suddent disapearing of The Duuude. But I am pretty sure it is the last major one.

One thing that is sure, the futur look a lot brighter now that the wolve are out in the field and not inside anymore. We just need to bring back a few member to the group and all will be fine.

The only thing that I wish is that they put back the allstarlink repo as it was, without modification. And even when it will be back online, it will need to be checked before going live. It would be unwise to trust them to not have moded some files…

1 Like

This reply is exactly part of what is making me question everything about this. A member of the board did reach out to me privately and I’ve replied back.

Everything smells on both sides. Egos are what caused this and still seem to be furthering my doubts of if this is even worth it. Statements that cast blame on others and attempt to bolster mine don’t answer my questions either. It makes be want to just run and not look back.

And I’m sorry. Editing something that might or may tell someone how to connect to the other system just screams censorship to me. It tells me that there is doubt about the censoring groups actions. Again like I said egos are to blame here. Everyone is at fault. You will not change my mind on this.

I will say that in my reply to the board member I made it very clear that I view this as complete and total lack of communication. And it is. After everything I’ve read and continue to read this is how I see it. It is clear that two groups somehow worked together but clearly from the statements here and what I get from the board member they didn’t trust each other. Maybe they did at one time but any arguments I see are that one side didn’t really have the complete control that is being said and so this massive failure to communicate happened and now we have this. Two wrongs don’t make a right and the ends don’t justify the means. This was ego.

I’m still debating what I want to do. Use one or the other system. Split between both. Or just walk away.

Seriously? preventing people from using bad information is censorship? Please do a google search with registration problem allstarlink fix and tell me what will be the most returned web site.

On my side it wield a list of page, the first one being the wiki at allstarlink, the next was on community at allstarlink.

Now lets put ourself in 6 month, or a year and let say the information on how to “fix” the registration was left on community. A new operator have a problem of registration, find a large message with modification that need to be done to “fix” registration. That ham dont want to switch to pttlink. But that would be the result.

That ain’t censorship. Ifptt link want to give to the people that want to go on there network the solution, they have the place to do so. Would it be so welcome to have the people from ASL going to the mailing list of pttlink to tell user of that list how to use the ASL registration system? I am not so sure.

1 Like

Welcome to ham radio! I don’t think it matters where you go. I am the most important person! Because I got the site! No! I am the man! Because the site would do us no good, without a repeater! You are both wrong! The site and the repeater, are worthless without my antenna and hard line! This happens all the time. Local repeaters, have just went away, because of the bickering over who was the most important. Grown men acting like 8th grade school girls. Don’t let them run you off. I think you may be forgetting the most important thing… You don’t need either one of them!

1 Like