Loading program into freshly built voter board

Anyone programmed a voter board pic lately?
What did you used to do so?

Is it possible to load them from a raspberry pi or an arduino?

If anyone have some information please come foward! :slight_smile:

Pierre
VE2PF

This WiKi page mentions a PICKit, which I believe is this Microchip device. This would be for the thur-hole voter board, not the RTCM.

The instructions for loading the firmware is in the original documentation for the voter board that Jim wrote back in 2011 (votersystem.pdf). The step-by-step instructions are in Appendix B of that document. In short, you need to download and use some MICROCHIP software tools (Windows PC based) and you need the MICROCHIP PICkit3 programmer device.

I programmed several of these about 5 years ago. I don’t recall having any real issues. You just have to have the resources and go through the process.

I was hoping not to get another device again just to program some pic.

If I have to, I will get one of those little programmer :wink:

Le ven. 22 mai 2020 à 00:13, Gregn1 via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org a écrit :

···

Gregn1

May 22

The instructions for loading the firmware is in the original documentation for the voter board that Jim wrote back in 2011 (votersystem.pdf). The step-by-step instructions are in Appendix B of that document. In short, you need to download and use some MICROCHIP software tools (Windows PC based) and you need the MICROCHIP PICkit3 programmer device.

I programmed several of these about 5 years ago. I don’t recall having any real issues. You just have to have the resources and go through the process.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.