Is it still possible to get a new node number and not just an extension of the current one

I am a rather new user. I have a node set up for the club repeater I am the trustee(license holder) for. I have a node number for the repeater and have the node working on a limited basis over an RF link from my home to the repeater. We are moving the link to the repeater and will no longer be using the RF link.

I would like to get a number for my personal use and would like to not have it an extension of the Node number I have for the club. It looks to me as I f I can only get an extension now. I would rather not go this way so that when I pass the repeater on to another ham the node n umber could be passed on to the new call. Is it still possible to get an actual new node number?

Thanks
Garry W8GMF

Does your club have a callsign? If it does it’s best to have the AllStarLink account under that call. This makes it easier for everybody when club personnel inevitable change. Now would be a good time change this AllStarLink account to the club call if there is one.

If not, go ahead and request another node number. You only have one node number now so it won’t be a problem.

Ok I miss read things when I set things up I guess. I though I had to set the node up under my sign, I’ll go back and look at things again…
Thanks
Garry
W8GMF

You can change use the callsign change request to move the account to the club call. I’ll watch for the change and grant it right away if you like. What is the club call?

The Club Call is W8WOO with a -R

Thanks

···

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 8:12 PM Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

May 1

You can change use the callsign change request to move the account to the club call. I’ll watch for the change and grant it right away if you like. What is the club call?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Garry_Foster

April 30

Ok I miss read things when I set things up I guess. I though I had to set the node up under my sign, I’ll go back and look at things again… Thanks Garry W8GMF

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Tim
Changing the call sign brings up the question.
Do I have to change anything in the software itself?

Thanks again

Yes, you will need to change the ID on your node server by editing rpt.conf or using the menu.