Is everyone asleep at the Switch?

Over a week ago I registered a Blind Vietnam Veteran ham for an Allstar node. I have a setup ready to go for him. His call is W0ZWS and vice president of VFW post 3115 Amateur Radio Club W0VFW/R #49403. Coy went from ZERO to EXTRA in 3 months. I think he will be an asset to the community.
ASL will accept his login and password, but no NODE Number. We have requested help 3-4 times via email to Allstar Helpdesk link. . I have been watching his emails for a verification email. Requested help 2-3 times. I have sent emails from my personal account to him, and they go through… I check his personal account 2-3 times a day as he can’t. Since This is not a straight forward “he can handle it himself” I need to have those in the know issue his NODE Number so I can configure his setup. His email and phone # is valid on his registration. I am providing my e-mail as a “back door” to resolving this seemingly simple problem. I have checked and there is not a “Trouble Ticket” issued. Hence I have resorted to this contact method. The Govenor has us in lockdown for another 18 days… So it would be nice to get him his node number.
Regards from Kansas,
Larry W8LM w8lm@arrl.net

We are awake!

When a node request is successful it will show in the user’s node list.

I’ll logon to the W0ZWS account and see what’s up. Standby.

Ok Larry, found the problem. You have to create a server in the account, then you can request a node for the server.

Instructions are here https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

Let me know if yo need help with that.

WA6AWP- Thank you ever so much…
You have heard of the Blind Leading the Blind? GUILTY!!

We owe you a beer at VFW post 3115 - WØVFW…
Thanks again. Once I get Coy set-up we wil probably be doing more visually handicapped hams/Vets…

2 Likes

I might add that there is a VERY GOOD beginners guide, which is step by step instructions here on the wiki page.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

This is a great resource to use and should be followed by anyone starting out with Allstarlink.

This detailed guide with pictures will take you step by step from signing up on the Allstarlink Webportal to setting up your first node.

Marshall - ke6pcv

¡¡¡

From: Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 7:33 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Is everyone asleep at the Switch?

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 1

Ok Larry, found the problem. You have to create a server in the account, then you can request a node for the server.

Instructions are here https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

Let me know if yo need help with that.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 1

We are awake! When a node request is successful it will show in the user’s node list. I’ll logon to the W0ZWS account and see what’s up. Standby.

Previous Replies

wd6awp ASL Admin
May 1

We are awake!

When a node request is successful it will show in the user’s node list.

I’ll logon to the W0ZWS account and see what’s up. Standby.

W8LM
May 1

Over a week ago I registered a Blind Vietnam Veteran ham for an Allstar node. I have a setup ready to go for him. His call is W0ZWS and vice president of VFW post 3115 Amateur Radio Club W0VFW/R #49403. Coy went from ZERO to EXTRA in 3 months. I think he will be an asset to the community.
ASL will accept his login and password, but no NODE Number. We have requested help 3-4 times via email to Allstar Helpdesk link. . I have been watching his emails for a verification email. Requested help 2-3 times. I have sent emails from my personal account to him, and they go through… I check his personal account 2-3 times a day as he can’t. Since This is not a straight forward “he can handle it himself” I need to have those in the know issue his NODE Number so I can configure his setup. His email and phone # is valid on his registration. I am providing my e-mail as a “back door” to resolving this seemingly simple problem. I have checked and there is not a “Trouble Ticket” issued. Hence I have resorted to this contact method. The Govenor has us in lockdown for another 18 days… So it would be nice to get him his node number.
Regards from Kansas,
Larry W8LM w8lm@arrl.net

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.