IP address check and reject on attempt to connect

My connection attempt to Node 48224 is being rejected. I have been forwarded the log from the node owner and it says this:

[May 16 13:15:15] WARNING[23690] app_rpt.c: Node 512811 IP 101.189.68.227 does not match link IP 101.184.181.6!!

I do not know where this IP address is stored or disseminated from the .6 is correct, the .227 is not.

I do not generally have problems connecting to other nodes but this may be the reason why my attempts fail on other nodes too.

Can someone tell me what this comes from? and how to fix it?
thanks
Alan

The address list is downloaded by each node into the /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes file.

I show the correct IP for your node on one of my nodes:

grep 512811 /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes 
512811=radio@101.184.181.6:4569/512811,101.184.181.6

tail /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodes 
;Generated 4293 records in 0.070 seconds.
;Served in 0.015 seconds.
;Served from cache: Yes
;Generated at 2020-05-17 01:53:08 UTC by register2-cqf.allstarlink.org

So the likely problem is the address list on the other end is incorrect. Question is why?
First thing to check would be for the other end to check the timestamp at the tail of the address list (as shown above). It should be no older than 10 or 15 minutes.

Thanks - I just checked my image and this file displays in light blue, is 17 bytes and doesn’t let me open it - must be a symlink but it doesn’t take me anywhere. Not sure what the other end has but what is this real position for this file? I did a find on my image - it must be linked to another filename

Are you HamVoIP? I’m not sure exactly how the address list works there. What you see may be normal.

In any case - Jon at 48224 restarted the updatenodelist.service and it’s all good now - so that must have not been running for a while
thanks for the help

Is the address list downloaded every 15 minutes to one’s node? I understand keeping the list up to date, but doesn’t this cause a lot of wear and tear on the SD card? How often does one need to replace their SD card?

Thanks for any clarifications.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon
Node 49246

That is one of the issues with a pi, in that it can kill an sdcard, make sure you’re using a quality sdcard like a sandisk or something. I’m personally waiting on hardware right now to setup a node and am poking at this trying to understand the allstar architecture. From reading this, it appears to be a distributed node list if a service at a node has to run and pull what is essentially a hosts file down.

Using a quality sdcard you should not have any issues. Although it is proper computer etiquette to always back your systems up regularly. The older generic sdcards were prone to failure. The newer card technology is vastly improved.

Thank you
Nathan Hardman
Nhardman1428@gmail.com

···

On May 18, 2020, at 4:27 AM, Mark Wolfe via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

N7YMW
N7YMW

May 18

That is one of the issues with a pi, in that it can kill an sdcard, make sure you’re using a quality sdcard like a sandisk or something. I’m personally waiting on hardware right now to setup a node and am poking at this trying to understand the allstar architecture. From reading this, it appears to be a distributed node list if a service at a node has to run and pull what is essentially a hosts file down.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

George
George

May 18

Is the address list downloaded every 15 minutes to one’s node? I understand keeping the list up to date, but doesn’t this cause a lot of wear and tear on the SD card? How often does one need to replace their SD card? Thanks for any clarifications. Regards, George, NJ3H Redmond, Oregon Node 4924…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

there is multiple ways of fixing this. first you set up the rpi to use ramfs (ramdisk) for logs and such repeatly changing files.
The other way around if you want to retain the logs between reboots is to use a usb stick as the logs and other changing files.

using half the usb stick will give the other half as a buffer for failed parts on the chip to be exploited by the usn controller. Putting your OS sd card less at risk.

Le lun. 18 mai 2020 à 04:27, Mark Wolfe via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org a écrit :

···

N7YMW

May 18

In Reply To

George

May 18

Is the address list downloaded every 15 minutes to one’s node? I understand keeping the list up to date, but doesn’t this cause a lot of wear and tear on the SD card? How often does one need to replace their SD card? Thanks for any clarifications. Regards, George, NJ3H Redmond, Oregon Node 4924…

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.