I Thought I Had It

I am new to AllStar Link and I thought I finally had my node up and running. I am able to connect to the Echolink Test Server and my audio sounds okay. However, I cannot link to anything else. I get a “connection failed” message when I try to connect to other Echolink nodes and other AllStar nodes. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the issue?

Thanks

1st
It can take a little time after your setup registers with EL servers before the connection info propagates across the network and are able to make connections. I don’t remember how long, but it could be longer if the servers are swamped.

2nd
you need to be sure you are logged in with their system and the servers you specified in the cong file are correct and db is getting updated.

If you are sharing the same network with a pc or phone version of the EL program on the same network / inside your nat, one of them is going to have a issue as EL allows but one connection per ip address. If you allow the app to run in the background on your phone, you will still have a issue so turn the phone off or turn your phones wifi off and restart you asl server. so it can reg clean. Wait at least 15 min and try to connect to a EL node.

Make sure your node is registered.

···

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 7:13 PM Paul via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| ka5biw
January 24 |

• | - |

I am new to AllStar Link and I thought I finally had my node up and running. I am able to connect to the Echolink Test Server and my audio sounds okay. However, I cannot link to anything else. I get a “connection failed” message when I try to connect to other Echolink nodes and other AllStar nodes. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the issue?

Thanks

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I was just able to connect to you…
GeorgeC W2DB 2360

Do you still need help?