How to send DTMF to local node on link connect and disconnect

Hi,

I’m new to Allstar. I have a local node that I want to connect to a repeater using a simplex link. The repeater has a 3 second tail, and there is no way to have the PL on the output only when there is an input signal. I have come up with a way to eliminate the repeater tail with DTMF. Is there a way to get the node to send local DTMF string on a link connect and another one on like disconnect?

Thanks,

Rich, WA2ZPX

Node 51172

Yes. See
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Rpt.conf#connpgm.3D_and_discpgm.3D

In rpt.conf:

Tim,

Thanks for you quick reply… Bear with me… I know enough to be truly dangerous…
Can I just add connpgm=cop48,1,2,3,4,5 or does it have to be in some script form… If so need some more guidance… Already have an entry to start supermon.

Thanks,

Rich

It has to be a script… a really simple script. I’d write two macros. It will be handy for on the air or with Allmon or from your script.

The connect script would look something like:

#! /bin/sh
asterisk -rx "rpt fun <node> *51"

don’t forget to make it executable: chmod+x myconnscript.sh
and test it from the linux cli: ./myconnscript.sh

Then point app_rpt to it with:

connpgm=/root/myconnscript.sh

Test, repeat for disconnect script.

Tim,

Where should the script be located? Having a little difficulty with the architecture… (new guy remember…)

Sorry to be a PITA…

Thanks

Rich

···

From: Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 6:02 PM
To: wa2zpx@hvc.rr.com
Subject: Re: How to send DTMF to local node on link connect and disconnect

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 27

It has to be a script… a really simple script. I’d write two macros. It will be handy for on the air or with Allmon or from your script.

#! /bin/sh

In Reply To

richball
April 27

Tim, Thanks for you quick reply… Bear with me… I know enough to be truly dangerous… Can I just add connpgm=cop48,1,2,3,4,5 or does it have to be in some script form… If so need some more guidance… Already have an entry to start supermon. Thanks, Rich

Tim,

I ended up putting the script in /usr/local/sbin and have it working in a fashion… Question… I already have an entry in connpgm for supermon. How to I add another entry? When I add another line with connpgm= and the script info. It stops working…

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Rich

···

From: Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 6:02 PM

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 27

#! /bin/sh

In Reply To

richball
April 27

Tim, Thanks for you quick reply… Bear with me… I know enough to be truly dangerous… Can I just add connpgm=cop48,1,2,3,4,5 or does it have to be in some script form… If so need some more guidance… Already have an entry to start supermon. Thanks, Rich

I’m not following. Could you post a screen capture and/or cut and paste text of what breaks it?

Hi Tim,

If I uncomment the entry for supermon, the connect script won’t run… Am I supposed to run them both on one line with a comma or another way??

;connpgm=yourconnectprogram

; Program or script to run at connection

;connpgm=/usr/local/sbin/supermon/smlogger 1 ; use this line for Supermon

connpgm=/usr/local/sbin/myconnscript.sh

Rich

···

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 6:16 PM

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 28

I’m not following. Could you post a screen capture and/or cut and paste text of what breaks it?

In Reply To

Rich_Ball
April 28

Tim, I ended up putting the script in /usr/local/sbin and have it working in a fashion… Question… I already have an entry in connpgm for supermon. How to I add another entry? When I add another line with connpgm= and the script info. It stops working… Again, thanks for your assistance. Rich ·… (click for more details)

Ok, now I understand. I don’t run supermon and did not know it used connpgm.

You can only have one connpgm script. You’d have to add an entry into the Supermon script for your task. That’s not something I can help you with but maybe the Supermon author can jump in here and help.

Thanks again Tim, I appreciate your assistance… Just like anything else, it’s a learning curve. I’ll have to read through some of the docs and try to get a feel for the architecture. It’s a little confusing sometimes because of the different versions over time. I wish there was a space for folks to post their scripts. I’m sure most users have similar ideas for “I wish it would do that”

Best,

Rich

···

Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:05 AM

wd6awp ASL Admin
April 29

Ok, now I understand. I don’t run supermon and did not know it used connpgm.

You can only have one connpgm script. You’d have to add an entry into the Supermon script for your task. That’s not something I can help you with but maybe the Supermon author can jump in here and help.

In Reply To

Rich_Ball
April 29

Hi Tim, If I uncomment the entry for supermon, the connect script won’t run… Am I supposed to run them both on one line with a comma or another way?? ;connpgm=yourconnectprogram ; Program or script to run at connection ;connpgm=/usr/local/sbin/supermon/smlogger 1 ; use this line for Supermon c…

K0KN’s page is a good source for sample scripts… https://www.qsl.net/k0kn/