Having trouble configuring properly

I am having trouble getting my node which is based on a rasberry pi4, URI, and Yaesu FT-400 connected to the AllStar system. It seems like the radio, uri and rasberry pi4 are playing well together and configured correctly. I’m thinking that I am doing something wrong in my communication configuration of the node with the AllStar system. I believe that I have my router configured and port forwarded properly.

Are you K6VIZ with node number 50730. If so that node number is not registered (logged in) but maybe you have it turned off at the moment.

ASL is not supporting the Pi4 yet. Did you load the HamVoIP version?

I do have it turned off at the moment. I erased the card andimage started fresh with the same results. I continue to come up with the following screen every time I reinitialize the system. I’m not sure what I am missing. I have attached a photo of the screen that come up after leaving the node running.

Yes, I did load the ham voip version.

you are having issues with Wi-fi. The clues given are from the error messages with 80211 in them. This is not an ASL or asterisk problem, technically speaking.

Wi-fi is great for non-realtime data. Unless you really have to use wi-fi, use an ethernet cable.

If more convincing is needed; do a scan of the wireless networks. Unless you live in the country and your closet neighbor is 1 mile away, chances are you will see a lot of Wi-fi access points. Wi-fi is overcrowded, therefore over-saturated.

Your experience with ASL over Wi-Fi will be marginal/meh at best.
Plug it in to ethernet.

I am now able to connect, but can not seem to switch to different nodes from the radio that I am connected to my node with. My node is visible on the node page as connected. Not sure whether I am configured and switching from receive to transmit properly. On the RPI, should my red led light when I key up, or after I release the key?

To “switch to different nodes” you disconnect from the connected node with *1. Then you can use *3 to connected to another node. Is that what you are asking to do?

For nodes that have a single radio (ie a non repeater node) the red Tx LED will not light until you unkey. This mode is know as “half duplex”.

I am aware of the commands *1, or *3 plus the node number. Along with a long list of other commands. The node is just not switching for some reason. Not sure why. Like I said, I am connected according to the AllStar node list on the website. Just not responding properly, can’t connect to another node.

Is the nodes list screen shot below your node and when you power your node on, does your node number have a green background color?

Does you node say anything if you do *32000?

Good morning Tim,
Thank you for responding. In answer to your question, Yes the node number is highlighted in green. No, the node does not say anything back to me if I transmit *32000 from the HT while connected to the node radio frequency.

attachment 1.pdf (2.04 MB)

The first thing I would do to troubleshoot this is go to the Asterisk CLI and see if your node is decoding touchtones. How you get there depends on the version you have. Which version of AllStar are you using? ASL, HamVoIP or some other?

If your not using a menu system on your AllStar version you can get the Asterisk CLI with the command asterisk -rvvv. Then key you radios and press a couple of touchtones. The screen should display them.

With some help from a local Elmer we were able connect our nodes and found that the audio transmitted into my Yeasu FTM-400 from the DMK URI was so poor that that DTMF tones were not being decided. I switched cables and radios to my IC-9700 and the problems went away. With the Icom IC-9700 the node operates properly, and I am able to utilize DTMF tones from my HT to send commands to the node. Are there known problems using Yeasu FTM-400 as a node radio? Any ideas? I think that I am going to start another thread that is labeled differently to ask the question to the group.

Good idea to start another Topic. I’ll mark this one as solved.

There could be a difference in whether you have discriminator audio or deemphasized audio between those two radios. You must have the simpleusb.conf settings match your receive audio response. I’ll bet that’s the issue with the FTM-400.

Good morning Tom,
How do I tell whether I have discriminator audio, or deemphasized audio? What adjustments can I make to compensate for, or try and diagnose and resolve the issues?

73s, de Vic K6VIZ

···

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2020, at 8:22 AM, Tom via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

Tom

February 15

There could be a difference in whether you have discriminator audio or deemphasized audio between those two radios. You must have the simpleusb.conf settings match your receive audio response. I’ll bet that’s the issue with the FTM-400.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

vzarich

February 15

With some help from a local Elmer we were able connect our nodes and found that the audio transmitted into my Yeasu FTM-400 from the DMK URI was so poor that that DTMF tones were not being decided. I switched cables and radios to my IC-9700 and the problems went away. With the Icom IC-9700 the node …

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.