Get Started with AllStar - Hardware Requirements

hamvoip.org has pi4 working.

···

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:34 PM AF5LW via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| AF5LW
January 5 |

• | - |

@kuggie
Kevin,
I am struggling with a new pi4b that won’t boot on the legacy Pi image. I would greatly appreciate a link to whichever of the compatible client releases would work best with a dvswitch bridge.

Thank you in advance,
AF5LW

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| kuggie Board Member
January 3 |

• | - |

Larry, There are (at least) two Pi4 compatible client releases - not including HV. We can post links to them until we get the official ASL Git account straightened out.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

HamVoIP does have a Pi4 version, and like “ours”, it’s currently only recommended for a single radio hardware interface.

As for the version of AllStarLink I was referring to in my earlier post, unfortunately because our Git account had all of the content removed or deleted, we’re having a tough time restoring it to show things correctly. I’ll be placing a direct link here when the author has insured that all of the updates have been incorporated. This may take a few days to complete. I am running and alpha release on several Raspberry Pi3’s and can report they work great. I still recommend a radio adapter with a CM108 or CM119 (any suffix), as the CM119B still has plenty of issues that have not been properly addressed. The latest release will include the following feature sets:
1 - Allison ducking.
2 - WN3A’s wide audio filter rules.
3 - XIPAR’s simple voter **.
4 - Compatibility with Pi4.
5 - DAHDI dummy (that actually works).
6 - Things I have probably missed.

Please stay tuned.

Kevin W3KKC

Here you go. This is BETA - so use it accordingly. I have it on a high-profile machine and it’s working fine with usbradio channel driver - RPi 3B+ Allison ducking is great!

Kevin W3KKC