Error message when requesting node number

I’m trying to request a node number on the Allstarlink web site. I’m doing Portal – Node Settings – Continue – Request – Submit. I get this response:

Something went wrong: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘Config_ID’ cannot be null
Node request failed.

In case it makes any difference, I’m using a Chromebox with Chrome browser, although I don’t see why that should have any effect.

Any ideas on the cause and solution?

Louis W3VVV

I suspect you have not created a server first. Is the Server selection dropdown empty? If so select Server Settings from the portal menu. Once you have a server you can add a node to it.

Chrome box/browser should work fine.

Thank you for your quick response.

Okay, sound like the error message could be improved in any case.

Initially, I intend to only use the portal services to access nodes from a desktop app or mobile device. Therefore, do I need a server or node at all?

How do I access the portal services? I don’t see any menu item that leads me to Portal Services.

Louis W3VVV

···

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 10:15 PM Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp
ASL Admin

September 6

I suspect you have not created a server first. Is the Server selection dropdown empty? If so select Server Settings from the portal menu. Once you have a server you can add a node to it.

Chrome box/browser should work fine.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

If you’re talking about the web transceiver functionality I believe the java that it was written in is basically obsolete and will probably will only work on older browsers if at all. (Haven’t tried in awhile) there are ways to connect via iaxrpt or zopier…

True, and I just did that. I’ve been procrastinating and your problem motivated me to fix it.

No, you don’t need a server or a node to use the portal. We have a couple of ways to do that. The web-transceiver that @kc3fsx mentioned is accessed from the nodes list. The nodes with a small wt have the web-transceiver enabled. Node numbers with a green background are on line. Click on any node with a green background and a wt to launch the web-transceiver. However, Java is history so good luck getting it to work. There is a browser out there called Pale Moon that had Java support last time I checked. Here some very ancient instructions for setting up Java with the web-transceiver.

Also, we have a telephone portal. But I’m not sure if it’s working or what the phone numbers are. Maybe some one will jump in with the information.

@kc3fsx also mentioned Zoiper a soft phone and iax_rpt a Windows App. Access from both is only provided by individual node owners. There is no AllStarLink portal service for either.

Thanks for clarifying how this all works. With the information that you provided, I should be able proceed and hopefully be successful.

Louis W3VVV