Email validation on allstarlink.org

For some reason unbeknownst to us, some users are not receiving validation emails from allstarlink.org when they sign up
for a new user account. We know the server is sending these out. For those users experiencing difficulty with this, I
can do a manual validation. I just need to know who is having issues so I can send a validation request from my personal
email account using your email address in the database. If you respond to the message, I'll manulally validate the account.

Steve
WA6ZFT

I have had this happen on some embedded mail servers I run.. if the reverse dnslookup for the mail server IP address does not match the outgoing mail server IP address, they go out but get dropped into the bit bucket at SOME ISP's... Maybe something like that??? I changed a static IP and needed to change the dns record to match, even though only off by

Doug
KD8B

ยทยทยท

On 8/22/2010 2:08 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

For some reason unbeknownst to us, some users are not receiving validation emails from allstarlink.org when they sign up
for a new user account. We know the server is sending these out. For those users experiencing difficulty with this, I
can do a manual validation. I just need to know who is having issues so I can send a validation request from my personal
email account using your email address in the database. If you respond to the message, I'll manulally validate the account.

Steve
WA6ZFT

Doug Bade wrote:

I have had this happen on some embedded mail servers I run.. if the
reverse dnslookup for the mail server IP address does not match the
outgoing mail server IP address, they go out but get dropped into the
bit bucket at SOME ISP's... Maybe something like that??? I changed a
static IP and needed to change the dns record to match, even though only
off by

Doug
KD8B

Steve
WA6ZFT

Reverse DNS isn't the problem----

srodgers@steverod:~$ nslookup allstarlink.org
Server: 192.168.17.1
Address: 192.168.17.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: allstarlink.org
Address: 67.215.233.179

srodgers@steverod:~$ nslookup 67.215.233.179
Server: 192.168.17.1
Address: 192.168.17.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
179.233.215.67.in-addr.arpa name = allstarlink.org.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
233.215.67.in-addr.arpa nameserver = ns1.securedprivatenetwork.net.
ns1.securedprivatenetwork.net internet address = 67.215.238.44

ยทยทยท

On 8/22/2010 2:08 PM, Stephen Rodgers wrote:

---

It's something else.

Steve
WA6ZFT

Good Morning. I think i have also a validation problem. Can you tell me what i need to do.Thank you.

Good morning,

Please send an email to helpdesk@allstarlink.org and those folks will get you going.

1 Like