Echolink via Allstarlink Software

I have two Nodes, Node XXXXA and Node XXXXB, separate systems running on two RPI 3.
Node XXXXA was set up for analog repeater link
Node XXXXB was set up as ASL to DMR Bridge.
Both ASL Nodes Echolink were activated via ASL software.
If Nodes are no linked and I connected my echolink phone to Node XXXXB Echolink, it will be connected to Node XXXXA Echolink. I am not sure why , it should be connected to ASL Node XXXXB since I request to be connected to that node. Please advice.

It would be hard to say exactly. Many possibilities.

Proper callsign and node number for each.
And also know that you can only have one echolink connection per ip address.
So, if your phone is sharing the ip address with one of them, just can’t say what exacly is going on but only one ip per EL connection is permitted on their system.

You might try turning off your wifi and using a cell connection.
But if all 3 are on the same public ip… well, that’s your problem.

Note also that you have only one port forwarding to on EL node and is likely getting the traffic for port 5198/99/5200

HI Mike.
IP addresses:
Node XXXXA ( Different callsign) is 192.168.1.242, the very first ASL System I configured
Node XXXXB (Different calsign) is 192.168.1.122
I am using 4G on my phone.
What I have noticed:

1. When I requested to connect to echolink node for ASL Node XXXXB, it will display the connection to node XXXXA at the allmon2. (not linked at all)
  2. I completely completely shutdown ASL Node XXXXA and keep ASL Node XXXXB, then I requested an echolink for the XXXXB, it will timed out.
    Port forwarding for EL node were alright, 5198-5199 and 5200.
    It seems like it is defended to node XXXXA being active.
    Please advise.

EchoLink relies on the public IP address for its directory and routing. Doing so will cause issues like you are seeing.

Reference: FAQs - Operating

HI Scott,
Thank you for your response.
What if I assigned a dedicated IP address I purchased from AT&T. I used them on our D-Star Reflectors servers?
The information required are for using a static IP:
IP Address
Netmask
default gateway
Primary nameserver (DNS) -___ . ___ . ___ . ___
Secondary nameserver (DNS) -___ . ___ . ___ . ___
I may know the first information but the DNS not sure where can I get them.
Thanks.

Better yet, create a VPN from your node to a server that has a static IP. Just use a different port number to route and you are set.

Hi Lu,
Thank you for your suggestion. I did not create a VPN for all the servers…like the D-Star reflectors, ambeserver, DVswitch servers and other. the only thing I did was assigned them the IP address on the router. Except ASL need more information as I indicated above. I found the primary and secondary DNS and I will try them. thank you.

I solved the issue of echolink via phone connected to the right asl node. I assigned one of my purchased Dedicated IP address from AT&T and it did solved the issue. Now if I request to connect to XXXXB, it will be connected to XXXXB. Allmon2 displayed the correct connection. I do not have to update the “Static IP” information on the ASL. I tried but it failed.