Echolink Set Up

HI,

I’m new to Allstar and have an Echolink that people connect to for a local simplex frequency. I see that Allstar supports Echolink and I put in all that was requested of me on the install page. However as those that have an Echolink server know, there are a myriad of other settings that need to be set up. If Allstar is to replace my current Echolink server where are all these settings made in Allstar?

Thanks,

David
K9AT

1 Like

You will have to explain what settings you are talking about.
If it is audio levels, you dont need to change anything in the echolink setup but you will need to set the controler (allstarlink) as describe in the wiki.

for the simplex/duplex setings, again it is from the allstalink setup files you will do it.

I would suggest to you to first get your allstarlink node to work properly, then adding echolink will be a breeze as you will only need to fill the echolink.conf file with the needed info like echolink node number and password and what server you want to use.

Pierre
VE2PF

1 Like

Thanks Pierre. I was referring to the 3 set up menus for the Echolink server that I needed to fill out when I set up my Echolink initially. I’m now waiting for the board for the Alinco I bought to arrive on Friday. I was just trying to learn what’s next while I wait. I’ll follow your advice and get the Allstar set up first and then wait on the echolink. In the meantime I found this Wiki that I think you were referring to: https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Echolink_Channel_Driver#Debugging

1 Like

Hey Dave,

Hit me up off list. I can help you out!

···

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020, 9:30 AM David J Holmgren via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> wrote:

| Ruffers
September 22 |

• | - |

HI,

I’m new to Allstar and have an Echolink that people connect to for a local simplex frequency. I see that Allstar supports Echolink and I put in all that was requested of me on the install page. However as those that have an Echolink server know, there are a myriad of other settings that need to be set up. If Allstar is to replace my current Echolink server where are all these settings made in Allstar?

Thanks,

David
K9AT

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Andy

I’d like to know the “magic tricks” you have as well. I’ve not been able to get Echolink to work on my node

jd

···

On 9/22/20 1:31 PM, Andy Sylthe via AllStarLink Discussion Groups wrote:

KC9ONA
September 22

Hey Dave,

Hit me up off list. I can help you out!

··· (click for more details)

In Reply To

Ruffers
September 22

HI, I’m new to Allstar and have an Echolink that people connect to for a local simplex frequency. I see that Allstar supports Echolink and I put in all that was requested of me on the install page. However as those that have an Echolink server know, there are a myriad of other settings that need …

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Besides entering in all the pertinent details and saving the file don’t forget to change the suffix of the Echolink file from .xxxx to .conf