Echolink on itś own node

I have a pi4 with ASL1.0.1 the node configured in it is for my repeater (using a DMK engineering interface), I added the echolink configuration I have for my N2IX-R account in Echolink, I used the same node as my repeater and all works fine. But what I really need is a separate ASL node just for echolink so that way if for whatever reason I need to isolate my repeater node from echolink, from CLI I can issue something like CLI> rpt fun 473892 *1473891 Being 4738912 my echolink only node, I was told that I need to add a node stanza in rpt.conf, but what lines exactly I need to add below [473891]? What other files need to be modified?

Thanks in advance

Alex N2IX

Create a private node and attach EL to it.
Node number 1000 - 1999 or a un/regerstered NNX node.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Private_nodes

So the node is configed like any other node but with the dahdi channel driver.

I do exactly this, and use a public node number similar to what you outline. My reason is similar to yours as I do not allow any connections to our actual repeater/voter node and all inbound (and EchoLink) connections are to a hub node that is also linked to our repeater/voter node. In this method, I can disconnect the linked hub, while at the same time still perform linking between other systems from the repeater/voter node. This prevents drive-by interference from people linking in while we are running events on our repeater.

In a nutshell, you will copy and paste the contents of your rpt.conf file within itself so there are two duplicate sections (changing the node number on the second section). You can copy stanza’s for multiple nodes within the one rpt.conf file to host several nodes in once instance (I have 5 nodes in one ASL instance).