EchoLink Inbound Connections Denied/Timed Out

I am bench testing a new repeater system with a Yaesu DR-2X, ARCOM RC210, and the RIM_RC210. The AllStar Node is working great, but there is a problem with EchoLink users connecting inbound. If I connect to the user first and then disconnect, they can then connect. I have the Port Forwarding set up correctly. We had EL previously using a ULI and had no problems. I checked and rechecked the rpt.conf and echolink.conf and can find nothing apparently wrong there. Another problem is when I connect to the EchoLink Test Server, the return audio is awful and echoes, not a pun intended.

Suggestions? Advice?

Echo sounds like your node is in repeat mode. Connected to a controller, it needs to look like a non repeating radio.

Bob

It is on Port 2 and that is not set in Repeater

What is your duplex setting in rpt.conf?

1 Like

Duplex=2 Linktolink=no

you should have it set to duplex=0. Echolink is half duplex not full duplex. also reboot your router.

Thank you. I think that worked. I will be sure tomorrow when I have a few people try to connect.

It turned out to be a port forwarding error. Couldn’t see the forest for the trees. Thank for all who gave advice and/or suggestions. It is functioning nicely now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.