Echolink Doubling Message

When users connect to my Allstarlink node with Echolink they get a
message “Doubling with N0FH-R”. N0FH-R is the name of my Echolink node. It doesn’t seem to cause a problem, though sometimes the Echolink user doesn’t hear all of another user’s transmission. That may be because they aren’t waiting long enough for the repeater and Echolink to drop after a transmission. I have Allstarlink connected to a port on an SCOM 7330 controller with Kenwood TKR-750 and TKR-850 radios on the other 2 ports. Is this something I should fix? If so, how can it be done?

Allstarlink node: 56517
Echolink node: N0FH-R 625757

Bob
KE0SDV

Could you state what version of software you are using for the node ?

Hamvoip Allstar Version Asterisk 1.4.23-pre.hamvoip-V1.7.1-04 app_rpt-0.327.01/22/2022
Hamvoip Firmware Versio RPi2-3-4 Version 1.7-03 Allstar - September 12, 2022

I have two repeaters set up with AllstarLink, and one with EchoLink connected as radios to SCOM 7330s Port 3; no problems. Don’t know, but suspect your AllstarLink/EchoLink node(s) may be setup to repeat; if so, you’d hear an echo. They should be non repeating.

Bob
K6ECM

I am fixing to re-connect the same setup V2. I had simalar related type issues. The SCOM and built in Audio Delay. When mixing with the ports that delay and the Allstar settings dont all play nice. The harmony I have not found yet. I suspect some use the audio delay and or different versions of like what I have is the “RIM-lite” made for the 7330. The Duplex mode on the RIM and the programming in the 7330 gave my repeater a Echo. Not echolink the software but a feed back echo. Once realizing it was Happening I decided to go through it (the system) as, I couldn’t stand the though some other RB would think I had a CB echo board on the repeaters audio. (I didn’t) I know this isn’t an Answer, But its related to the root of the issue I think, The harmony of the settings on each item. 7330, Interface, All-star settings, and etc. SO like Bob I had an echo that was removed by removing the delay, but like he said the interface should be “non-repeating”. I havent posted in RB asking if the RIM-lite version of the RB interface is non-repeating, but I know the RIM-Lite is as I am using it so.
Hope this helps,
Bobby
W4BWW

Well, I will say that it is manditory that echolink connections are full-duplex (echolink rules)
And ASL complies with that.
I can see situations where duplex mode of the asl node you attach it to could raise a issue.
But I can not guide you with hamvoip.

1 Like

I’m using the RIM-lite made for the 7330. I had tried duplex=2 (full duplex with telemetry tones) but then I got the echo. I went back to duplex=1 (half duplex with telemetry tones) which got rid of the echo, but Echolink users on WIndows still have the message “Doubling with N0FH-R” on their screens. I don’t know about MACs as no users have one. I also set nounkeyct=1 to turn off the end of message courtesy tone that ASL produces.

Bob
KE0SDV

Bob,
Since you are using an external controller, have you tried setting your allstar node to
duplex=0
linktolink=yes

Larry - N7FM

I also should have added that Allstar and Echolink need to be in a non repeat mode in the 7330 in case that was overlooked.
Larry - N7FM

I think before you change any more, I would shoot a message off to the echolink folks.
Since the message appears to windows users only.

I do not know if hamvoip duplex modes follow ASL software or not, so a message to those folks might get results as well.

I think to separate the issue, you need to attach the EL to a private node where you can have more explicit mode control. Connect to the private node when you want it or perm connection.

I switched to duplex=0 and linktolink=yes, as recommended. This resolved the doubling problem. I tested with several Windows based Echolink users and there was no doubling.

Bob
KE0SDV

Had the same issue here. Go into EchoLink settings and turn off welcome message. It fixed it on all users connecting to the repeater system via EchoLink. 73’s de k7iou

Thanks, I will do that if the problem shows up again.

Bob
KE0SDV