Downloaded Hamvoip onto two sd cards

I have two “new” R Pi’s ( really just new firmware) now running on my own local network.
It looks like they did the proper updating, ( how can I tell if they are really “up yo date” ?
I have called one “k8zgwlocal” and the other “k8zgwremote” and set a root password.
now I can ssh into both of them, and can ping one from the other, so I know that they CAN
see each other, now what I need to do is to get them to “talk” to each other.
Do I need to get a “node ID” for each one, or ??
I am now to the point where I would like to test them “end to end” or am I barking up
the wrong tree ?

Thanks,
Don, K8ZGW

Does anybody read this stuff ?

Don,
I believe part of your issue is that you stated you have downloaded the Hamvoip software. Due to there being 2 different versions of Allstar the advice given per version may be different. The easiest way for you to get help would be to move your question to the Hamvoip mailing list (arm-allstar@hamvoip.org) so that any reply will fit your software version.

Larry - N7FM

Thanks Larry, I was unaware of that.
I will copy it over later today

Don, K8ZGW

Don,

Your best bet is to look at the wiki site.

There is a bunch of great information on that site on how to get up a running.

Try starting here.

https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Beginners_Guide

That should get you going.

Marshall

···

From: Don Ritchie via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:29 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Downloaded Hamvoip onto two sd cards

k8zgw
October 16

Does anybody read this stuff ?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

k8zgw
October 14

I have two “new” R Pi’s ( really just new firmware) now running on my own local network.
It looks like they did the proper updating, ( how can I tell if they are really “up yo date” ?
I have called one “k8zgwlocal” and the other “k8zgwremote” and set a root password.
now I can ssh into both of them, and can ping one from the other, so I know that they CAN
see each other, now what I need to do is to get them to “talk” to each other.
Do I need to get a “node ID” for each one, or ??
I am now to the point where I would like to test them “end to end” or am I barking up
the wrong tree ?

Thanks,
Don, K8ZGW

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.