Does ASL still issue node numbers

Does ASL still issue node numbers? Trying to get a friend setup, no node number after 26 hours. Nothing! Do you still do this?

Be patient. This is a manual process that runs on volunteer wetware. Give it a couple days or a week, your request will be cued and summarily executed when an unpaid volunteer gets to it. Generally it’s runs between a couple days and i’d allow up to a week eek to get things processed. Remember this is done by volunteers so be patient, your request will execute soon enough.

Eric

Sent using SMTP.

···

On Oct 29, 2020, at 8:36 PM, Bill via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

| Bill
October 30 |

• | - |

Does ASL still issue node numbers? Trying to get a friend setup, no node number after 26 hours. Nothing! Do you still do this?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It’s my bad! My friend is 1700 miles away. I setup an account for him from my location, using his email address, and had him verify the email address. So I never saw the email, he received. I think it was telling him the account would be active within 24 hours? I had NOT setup a server for him at that point, so there was NO request for a node number. So it’s my fault! I now have an active request showing. And I understand these guys don’t get paid, I only questioned it, because these guys are really fast on assigning node numbers.

Bill,

Thanks for the follow up on the list. :slight_smile:

Often times the folks that volunteer take a beating on this list for not validating Allstarlink accounts and issuing node numbers fast enough.

Often times it is an issue on the users end with their email spam filter or something they have not done correctly.

It seems that no one ever admits to the list that they “may have made a mistake or that the problem was with their email spam filter”. :slight_smile:

We do try and take care of requests in a timely manner.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Bill via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 8:12 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Does ASL still issue node numbers

|

Bill
October 30

|

• | - |

It’s my bad! My friend is 1700 miles away. I setup an account for him from my location, using his email address, and had him verify the email address. So I never saw the email, he received. I think it was telling him the account would be active within 24 hours? I had NOT setup a server for him at that point, so there was NO request for a node number. So it’s my fault! I now have an active request showing. And I understand these guys don’t get paid, I only questioned it, because these guys are really fast on assigning node numbers.

Previous Replies

|

eric.fort.listmail
October 30

|

• | - |

Be patient. This is a manual process that runs on volunteer wetware. Give it a couple days or a week, your request will be cued and summarily executed when an unpaid volunteer gets to it. Generally it’s runs between a couple days and i’d allow up to a week eek to get things processed. Remember this is done by volunteers so be patient, your request will execute soon enough.

Eric

Sent using SMTP.

··· (click for more details)

|

Bill
October 30

|

• | - |

Hey man, I certainly didn’t mean to issue a “beating” to anyone! I am sorry if that’s the way it came off! I just know you guys are spot on. And now that I have done my job “CORRECTLY” I have a node number. Within just a few hours. I did not mean to offend anyone. Because of what good job you guys do, I didn’t understand the problem. It was all on my end! Thank you Marshall!

Bill,

No offence was taken by your post. :slight_smile:

It was very polite.

I was just using your post as an education point .

You are good!

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Bill via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 11:03 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Does ASL still issue node numbers

|

Bill
October 30

|

• | - |

Hey man, I certainly didn’t mean to issue a “beating” to anyone! I am sorry if that’s the way it came off! I just know you guys are spot on. And now that I have done my job “CORRECTLY” I have a node number. Within just a few hours. I did not mean to offend anyone. Because of what good job you guys do, I didn’t understand the problem. It was all on my end! Thank you Marshall!

Previous Replies

|

KE6PCV ASL Admin
October 30

|

• | - |

Bill,

Thanks for the follow up on the list. :slight_smile:

Often times the folks that volunteer take a beating on this list for not validating Allstarlink accounts and issuing node numbers fast enough.

Often times it is an issue on the users end with their email spam filter or something they have not done correctly.

It seems that no one ever admits to the list that they “may have made a mistake or that the problem was with their email spam filter”. :slight_smile:

We do try and take care of requests in a timely manner.

Marshall - ke6pcv

|

Bill
October 30

|

• | - |

|

eric.fort.listmail
October 30

|

• | - |

Eric

Sent using SMTP.

|

Bill
October 30

|

• | - |

Hi Marshall
I just wanted to thank you all for what you do. I agree with mostly “may have made a mistake or that the problem was with their email spam filter” and I have been of the one’s that fit your comment. Thank you all!