Designate CT (Courtesy Tone) by node number?

I saw on the other side of the fence that they can designate a CT by node #. How hard would it be to compile that into the ASL version? Looking for the ability to have different courtesy tones for each node. Example: 3 private nodes connected to main repeater node, want the ability on the main repeater to have separate tones for each of the connected nodes to tell them apart.

It is a standard feature of app_rpt. You will need to follow the first link to create a telemetry section for your specific nodes, then specify in each node stanza what telemetry section they will use (discussed in bottom link).

This is a global option though for nodes. if you have 3 nodes on one server, then you can do three different global CT tones.

You cannot do a custom specific node only tones if node XXX connects to you in this manner.
That would be akin to having ringtones for each caller on your cell. It isn’t supported in the GPL version of app_rpt.

Thank you I currently have that setup implemented for my courtesy tone mapping, the question is specifically on how hard it would be to do something similar to Hamvoip on courtesy tones. I am looking for different tones for different node numbers, all are links. Right now all linked nodes sound exactly the same, so there is no telling where a signal is coming from when connected to multiple repeaters in our system.

Here is hamvoip’s CT section:

linkunkeyct=by_node_number,ct8
This tells Allstar to do a lookup on unkey using the courtesy tone mapping. The second parameter is the default courtesy tone if no corresponding node is found. ct8 happens to be the tone used by default in Allstar and what you are use to hearing. You can define any other tone you desire as default. If you leave the default value off it assumes the tone sequence assigned to remotemon.
To complete the mapping you need to assign a specific node number or numbers to a corresponding tone definition. Here is an example:
node40000=ct12
ct12 does not exist in the current definition so it must be defined down in the telemetry stanza of rpt.conf. Here is an example of defining a Morse CW “K” as the courtesy tone for node 40000
ct12=|iK
multiple node definitions can be made either pointing at the same or different courtesy tones. So in this case courtesy tone ct12 would be used for node 40000 and ct8 for all other nodes.

Here is an example of what the mapping would look like for multiple nodes - ; Courtesy tone mapping
unlinkedct=ct2
remotect=ct3
; Sent when remote base connected
linkunkeyct=by_node_number ,ct8
node40000=ct12 node40001=ct13 node40002=ct14 node40003=ct15 node40004=ct15
; sent when a network user unkeys
; if set to by_node_number mapping to node number occurs ; by_node_number,
; Map node 40000 to ct12 ; Map node 40001 to ct13 ; Map node 40000 to ct14 ; Map node 40003 to ct15 ; Map node 40004 to ct15
; Sent when not connected to another node
This examples shows node 40000 would be courtesy tone ct12, 40001 would be ct13, 40002 would be ct14, and both 40003 and 40004 would be ct15. Any other node would be ct8, the tone defined as default. You can use either existing tone definitions or define your own. It is very flexible. Courtesy tones can be defined as tone sequences, CW characters, or even a sound file but obviously do not make it too long.

-Ian

···

From: Stacy via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:36:33 PM
To: k6ian@outlook.com k6ian@outlook.com
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Designate CT (Courtesy Tone) by node number?

kg7qin
November 14

wiki.allstarlink.org

Courtesy Tones - “AllStarLink Wiki”

wiki.allstarlink.org

Rpt.conf - “AllStarLink Wiki”

It is a standard feature of app_rpt. You will need to follow the first link to create a telemetry section for your specific nodes, then specify in each node stanza what telemetry section they will use (discussed in bottom link).

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi Ian,

For what it’s worth I’m actually looking into creating a pull request for this. I’ve fixed some morse ID spacing issues and my next task is to attempt unique link courtesy tone.

Hi Jim!

That would be fantastic! I’m sure I’m not the only one out here that would like this feature. I appreciate it!!

-Ian

Hi Ian, it’s been a long time, sorry about that!

I’m just waiting on the Keychunk PR I’ve submitted to be merged and then I’ll get cracking.