Connection problems

also seeing notice [351]

also seeing notice 367

Those are not messages I’m familiar with. Where do you see those? Attach a screenshot if possible.

No arrow points on line ( KG5MQQ )

Robert

Node 45622 is showing off line on the AllStarLink Node list. Your node is attempting make a permanent connection to node 45622. But it can’t when 45622 is offline. I can’t quite read the attached bubble chart so I can’t tell if 45622 was on line during your connect attempt.

Be sure you are registered with AllStarLink by checking the node list (mentioned above). What is your node number?

My node number is 50295.

I disconnected from 46522 and am now trying to connect to 47673

Same problem I assume, and you had a friend look at it who knows this stuff. Maybe your IAX port is used. Have you tried a different one. Some ISPs reserve 4569 for their phone service.

Add a bindport line to /etc/asterisk/iax.conf

[general]
bindport=4566

And go to your server settings and make the port match the bind port setting:
18%20PM
Then restart asterisk and try another connection.

Made the two changes, iax port and changed bindport assignment to 4566

Robert

KG5MQQ

problem persists

robert

Install TeamViewer if you don’t already have it we’ll set up a screen share later.

I have installed team viewer.

Robert

I have connected the yellow box to the tp-router ( hard wired ) which is conneted to my hotspot. It still says macro not found but it is perminately connected to node 45673. Tomorrow I will try connecting yellow box wirelessly to hot spot.

Robert

1 Like

I have successfully connected yellow box to hot spot wifi, no router,

I still says macro not found.

Robert

Now we know that something about COX cable was causing your connection problem. I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. But I can look at the macro problem and will contact you later.

Thank you

Robert Hildebrand

I realized I’m not going to be able login to your node now that you have it on the cellular connection.

Take a close look the startup macro. I sorta’ think there’s an extra command in it.

I’ve got it all set up so that you can do your thing, I hooked up my desktop through the portable router with the yellow box.-, so that whatever the name of that program is that gets in will let you run nano.

I will look at the startup macro.

Bob

···

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 9:50 PM Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

September 5

I realized I’m not going to be able login to your node now that you have it on the cellular connection.

Take a close look the startup macro. I sorta’ think there’s an extra command in it.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

bobhildebrand

September 4

Thank you Robert Hildebrand

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I edited out ‘node_lookup_method=dns’ on the third page.

I couldn’t fine the macros.

When the program loads it no loner says macro not found and it connects.

Robert

Thank you for you for your help, it looks right now like my problem is solved. There is, of course, always the chance that someone will change something and we all will have to re do things again.

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.