chan_simpleusb

Hello all,

I thought I'd give chan_simpleusb a try again today. I thought I remembered reading the parallel port support had been added to chan_simpleusb?

The parallel support didn't work, so I went digging through the archives, and found that it was "on the list" of planned improvments.

I guess my question is, is it any easier on my P3/866 MHz Asterisk box to run one RF node on the standard chan_usbradio and one on chan_simpleusb? I currently have one modified CM108 fob, and one unmodified (using parallel port for ptt/cos).

I've tried it both ways, while monitoring top, and it's not clear to me whether the PC is happier one way or the other. The audio "glitches" seem to have disappeared from the simple_usb node.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kyle
K0KN

well certain people (you know who you are :slight_smile: :slight_smile: were SUPPOSED to be
alpha-testing a version that supports that. That was now at least a couple of
MONTHS ago!

I dont suppose, Kyle, that you would be interested in doing that for me… like NOW…
would you?? :slight_smile:

Thanks

JIM

···

To: app_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:24:30 -0500
Subject: [App_rpt-users] chan_simpleusb

Hello all,

I thought I’d give chan_simpleusb a try again today. I thought I remembered
reading the parallel port support had been added to chan_simpleusb?

The parallel support didn’t work, so I went digging through the archives,
and found that it was “on the list” of planned improvments.

I guess my question is, is it any easier on my P3/866 MHz Asterisk box to
run one RF node on the standard chan_usbradio and one on chan_simpleusb? I
currently have one modified CM108 fob, and one unmodified (using parallel
port for ptt/cos).

I’ve tried it both ways, while monitoring top, and it’s not clear to me
whether the PC is happier one way or the other. The audio “glitches” seem to
have disappeared from the simple_usb node.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kyle
K0KN

App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users@ohnosec.org
ohnosec.org

An interesting issue has raised its ugly head when using devices that are built on the CMedia CM119B. In the code, the product ID is listed as 0x0013, however an ‘lsusb’ with a DINAH device shows that it was 0x0012. Easy to modify the driver, but a better solution needs to be worked out, as the datasheet for the device states that the ID can vary, depending on the MODE and MSEL pins, which are design dependent. It does not list all the variations! An EEPROM can be attached to the device to change it to virtually anything for customization. Caveat Emptor!

The posted issue being 11 years old of not being able to use the parallel port , which, at the time was done differently. This was a pre ACID version. Some 4 versions ago.
Parallel port usage for cos/ptt/dh1 is a functioning item from ACID and later and is documented in wiki.
But do not use old posts as a guide for doing it as they may be written on older methods no longer valid.