Can't Get Zoiper to Work!

Hello. I modified the extensions.conf and the iaxrpt.conf as shown on this site: https://hamvoip.org/ConnectZoipertoAllstarNode.pdf . When I downloaded Zoiper last night after modifying the files listed above…it gives me registration failed. Any ideas? My username and password is correct because I made them and the server I’m guessing is the public IP and the port 4569. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

Joseph,

First, welcome to the AllStar Community Forum. Thanks for being here.

Let’s review your settings in iax.conf. Your’s should look similar to this. Here I’ve used a fictions callsign of n1abc for the user ID. You only need to change it 2 places. Leave the context=myphone as is.

[n1abc] ; Zoiper Setup
username=n1abc 
type=friend
context=myphone   ; leave this as is
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=xxxxx ; Change to your desired password
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
transfer=no
callerid="N1ABC" 

Extensions.conf should be as shown in the pdf using [myphone] for the context.

This example is how I like to set my extensions.conf. The only difference is that it rings and then says ‘connecting’ rather than saying the node number. This is optional, the example in the pdf is fine.

[myphone]
exten => _X!,1,Ringing
exten => _X!,n,Wait(10)
exten => _X!,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _X!,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(number)})
exten => _X!,n,Set(CALLSIGN=${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _X!,n,GotoIf($[${ISNULL(${CALLSIGN})} = 1]?hangit)
;exten => _X!,n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${CALLSIGN})} = 0]?hangit)
exten => _X!,n,Answer
exten => _X!,n,Wait(3)
exten => _X!,n,Playback(connecting)
exten => _X!,n,rpt(${EXTEN}|Pv|${CALLSIGN}-P)
exten => _X!,n(hangit),Answer
exten => _X!,n,Playback(connection-failed)
exten => _X!,n,Wait(1)
exten => _X!,n,Hangup

Yes, the IP should be the public and the port should 4569 unless you’ve changed it from default. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the welcome. Much appreciated!

Anyways, I have all of that in there except I have my extensions.conf as it is on the PDF. I put my username in there the same as you did and filled in the blanks correctly on the Zoiper app, if I am looking at it correctly. I’ll attach a picture of the Zoiper app…

Are you using your own call or n1abc, `cuz your Zoiper screen capture is showing n1abc?

Are you on the same lAN as your node? If so you can try it’s local IP to see if that works any better. Some routers don’t hairpin NAT well.

The :4569 isn’t needed on the IP but it probably isn’t doing any harm.

Another thing to try is run the asterisk console (at verbose level 3) and see what happens when attempt to connect.

I am using my own call. I even switched my node from Ethernet connection to a wireless connection and still nothing. I tried both private and public IP addresses with and without port number. I still don’t understand what’s going on…my node is not full duplex. It is half-duplex. Is that the problem?

Half duplex is not a problem. Did you access ti Asterisk console during a connect to see what, if any diagnostic messages there are?

Apps like Zoiper and DVSwitch don’t work! Build a portable node!

I beg to differ, if you can connect to the node, DVSwitch Mobile works fine. If I’m running a node at home I set it up on wired Ethernet and I can connect just fine to the internal IP address from my Android device via wifi.

Steve N4IRS

No it doesn’t work. You wrote that piece of crap. So YOU can get it to work. You and the 3 others guys you had beers with, at the bar on Friday.

···

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 1:16 PM Steve Zingman via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

N4IRS

January 1

I beg to differ, if you can connect to the node, DVSwitch Mobile works fine. If I’m running a node at home I set it up on wired Ethernet and I can connect just fine to the internal IP address from my Android device via wifi.

Steve N4IRS

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Bill

January 1

Apps like Zoiper and DVSwitch don’t work! Build a portable node!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Quite a few people can get it to work just fine. Maybe if you understood your system a little better you could too.

How many is “quite a few”. You can’t get in to the Apple App store because they check that your app might actually work. And your does not!

Thank you for proving you have no clue as to how software works.
Case closed.