Cannot get to the portal to set up my node on the server

hello been off all-star for about 2 yrs now did had an node up an running before I now have gotten back to setting up my node agn since I have not off I notice the site has change I went to new site I still have not been able to get into the portal can someone help me with this issue thanks.Tony(NP2Q)

Hi Tony,

Welcome back to AllStar.

You have to be logged in before the Portal menu shows. Are you able to login to the new site?

There is a password reset on the Login/Sign Up menu. If your email has changed since let me know and we can change it for you.

Hi Tim yes I have been able to get into the new site then it take me to another site which I am not firmila with when I click on portal it goes back to the site agn I am a bit confused.

···

Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

September 22

Hi Tony,

Welcome back to AllStar.

You have to be logged in before the Portal menu shows. Are you able to login to the new site?

There is a password reset on the Login/Sign Up menu. If your email has changed since let me know and we can change it for you.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Well yes I been able to log into new site when I get there I see this grafana then I see portal when I click on that it goes back to the main page saying the site has move or change.

···

Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp

ASL Admin

September 22

Hi Tony,

Welcome back to AllStar.

I’m confused, too. The new site should look like this. Does it and is the link you click the yellow highlighted menu item?

Ok fb Jim I was able to get in now I was using the wrong password.ok here is my issue I had loaded the lastest os for all-star I went thru the set up I see when it boots up I am seeing in red fail to load kernel module my set up had work before in the past I am using a PC with alinco radio an uri it been so long since I have done this it is all new to me agn was trying to get to radio tune menu command .can u give me some pointers on how to go about this.thanks.

···

wd6awp

ASL Admin

September 22

I’m confused, too. The new site should look like this. Does it and is the link you click the yellow highlighted menu item?

In Reply To

fiyahbun

September 22

Well yes I been able to log into new site when I get there I see this grafana then I see portal when I click on that it goes back to the main page saying the site has move or change. ··· (click for more details)

So, the failure is when the computer boots and you can’t even login with the repeater ID? Did you get the image from https://github.com/AllStarLink/Asterisk/releases/tag/ASL-1.01 ?

Which kernel module is failing to load? Does the PC boot to the login prompt? Can you log into the PC with the user name and password provided with your image?

I have helped some with Tony. I was able to log into his node. His node is fine.
what he appears to be having trouble with is the radio. sounds like he has a URI 25 pin to radio and 9pin to computer. he says a light is coming on when i transmit and such but he’s not hearing anything on his HT.

@fiyahbun can you tell us the model and such of the radio and correct anything i got wrong above?

Thanks,
Russell, KV4S

the radio is an alinco vhf 135mk with an dmk uri hook to it

Tony,

Have you gone thorough configuring the channel driver.

You probably want to use simpleusb channel driver if you using the Alinco and URI.

If you are using a Alinco radio make sure the radio does NOT have the TNC card installed and that the cable that goes to the DB-9 on the back of the radio is plugged into the connector where the TNC card would normally plug into. See your Alinco radio manual. If you do not have the manual, you can download it from the Alinco web site at: http://www.alinco.com/pdf.files/Instruction/Mobile/dr135_435insweb.pdf

Then go to page 36 and 37 to read about un-installing the TNC.
_ _
DO NOT put your Alinco radio in DATA mode. You should NOT see | || |_ in the upper right corner of your Alinco LCD display.

The Rx audio level from the radio to the node computer is not affected by the volume control and having the mic plugged in does not affect the audio coming from the node computer to the Tx. But it is not a good idea to have the microphone plugged into the radio if you are using as a node radio. The mircrophone will pickup sound from the microphone when the radio is keyed if you level the microphone plugged into the front.

In order to get a valid COS signal reading on your URI board you MUST have the PL decode requirement enabled on your Alinco radio, [T][SQ] should be visible on the top of the Alinco radio display.
Make sure the radio you are talking on, is encoding the correct tone. You can verify this by turning up the Alinco volume control and see if you can hear yourself through the Alinco radio speaker.
If you are using the official version of Allstarlink software you will need to configure the COR logic for Active LOW.
You need to make sure of the following settings in your simpleusb.conf **file which is located in; /etc/asterisk/

carrierfrom=usbinvert

ctcssfrom=**no **

That’s about it. Good Luck. 73

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Tony via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 6:34 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Cannot get to the portal to set up my node on the server

fiyahbun
September 24

Previous Replies

KV4S
September 24

I have helped some with Tony. I was able to log into his node. His node is fine.
what he appears to be having trouble with is the radio. sounds like he has a URI 25 pin to radio and 9pin to computer. he says a light is coming on when i transmit and such but he’s not hearing anything on his HT.

@fiyahbun can you tell us the model and such of the radio and correct anything i got wrong above?

Thanks,
Russell, KV4S

Nate_Hardman ASL Admin
September 22

Which kernel module is failing to load? Does the PC boot to the login prompt? Can you log into the PC with the user name and password provided with your image?

wd6awp ASL Admin
September 22

So, the failure is when the computer boots and you can’t even login with the repeater ID? Did you get the image from https://github.com/AllStarLink/Asterisk/releases/tag/ASL-1.01 ?

fiyahbun
September 22

Ok fb Jim I was able to get in now I was using the wrong password.ok here is my issue I had loaded the lastest os for all-star I went thru the set up I see when it boots up I am seeing in red fail to load kernel module my set up had work before in the past I am using a PC with alinco radio an uri it been so long since I have done this it is all new to me agn was trying to get to radio tune menu command .can u give me some pointers on how to go about this.thanks.

··· (click for more details)

wd6awp ASL Admin
September 22

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

hi Marshall well this set up i have had work before in the past i only had install a fresh install like i said i was off allstar for about 2 yrs because of the hurricanes at that time i was using the centos download i have notice lots of change since then. i had try changing to simple usb but then i notice no flashing green light on uri so i went back to usb thats the one i was using all the time on my setup an work fine.

hi agn Marshall ok i did make an change to the simple usb an this time when i reboot i heard the node send my call. so maybe that the right setting but still i cannot connect to any one .

Tony,

What is your node number?

And have you made sure that you forwarded the correct port through your router?

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Tony via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:40 AM
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] Cannot get to the portal to set up my node on the server

fiyahbun
September 26

hi agn Marshall ok i did make an change to the simple usb an this time when i reboot i heard the node send my call. so maybe that the right setting but still i cannot connect to any one .

Previous Replies

fiyahbun
September 26

hi Marshall well this set up i have had work before in the past i only had install a fresh install like i said i was off allstar for about 2 yrs because of the hurricanes at that time i was using the centos download i have notice lots of change since then. i had try changing to simple usb but then i notice no flashing green light on uri so i went back to usb thats the one i was using all the time on my setup an work fine.

Marshall_Oldham ASL Admin
September 24

Tony,

Have you gone thorough configuring the channel driver.

You probably want to use simpleusb channel driver if you using the Alinco and URI.

If you are using a Alinco radio make sure the radio does NOT have the TNC card installed and that the cable that goes to the DB-9 on the back of the radio is plugged into the connector where the TNC card would normally plug into. See your Alinco radio manual. If you do not have the manual, you can download it from the Alinco web site at: http://www.alinco.com/pdf.files/Instruction/Mobile/dr135_435insweb.pdf

Then go to page 36 and 37 to read about un-installing the TNC.
_ _
DO NOT put your Alinco radio in DATA mode. You should NOT see | || |_ in the upper right corner of your Alinco LCD display.

The Rx audio level from the radio to the node computer is not affected by the volume control and having the mic plugged in does not affect the audio coming from the node computer to the Tx. But it is not a good idea to have the microphone plugged into the radio if you are using as a node radio. The mircrophone will pickup sound from the microphone when the radio is keyed if you level the microphone plugged into the front.

In order to get a valid COS signal reading on your URI board you MUST have the PL decode requirement enabled on your Alinco radio, [T][SQ] should be visible on the top of the Alinco radio display.
Make sure the radio you are talking on, is encoding the correct tone. You can verify this by turning up the Alinco volume control and see if you can hear yourself through the Alinco radio speaker.
If you are using the official version of Allstarlink software you will need to configure the COR logic for Active LOW.
You need to make sure of the following settings in your simpleusb.conf **file which is located in; /etc/asterisk/

carrierfrom=usbinvert

ctcssfrom=**no **

That’s about it. Good Luck. 73

Marshall - ke6pcv

fiyahbun
September 24

KV4S
September 24

Thanks,
Russell, KV4S

Nate_Hardman ASL Admin
September 22

hi marshall let me give u an up date my i was getting some help from a friend i went back to the usbradio set up for my uri that what i been using in the past an that work my node is up a seem to be runing i just cannot make call out when i do i am now getting the message i am getting conection fail seems like i hve an internet issue my node is 41412.

an yes i do have port 4569 forward to the node pc

hello Marshall i got my node runing now i just figure out the issue with the conection fail by putting in my static ip address in the source ip and that did the trick thanks u very much for your help.

1 Like

Tony,

Glad to hear that you have your node up and running!

Happy Allstarlinking!

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:30 PM

fiyahbun
September 27

hello Marshall i got my node runing now i just figure out the issue with the conection fail by putting in my static ip address in the source ip and that did the trick thanks u very much for your help.

Previous Replies

fiyahbun
September 27

an yes i do have port 4569 forward to the node pc

fiyahbun
September 27

hi marshall let me give u an up date my i was getting some help from a friend i went back to the usbradio set up for my uri that what i been using in the past an that work my node is up a seem to be runing i just cannot make call out when i do i am now getting the message i am getting conection fail seems like i hve an internet issue my node is 41412.

Marshall_Oldham ASL Admin
September 26

Tony,

What is your node number?

And have you made sure that you forwarded the correct port through your router?

Marshall - ke6pcv

fiyahbun
September 26

fiyahbun
September 26