Bubble chart not showing connections

Hello-
I finally got my local ISP to allow me to port forward. I am now able to connect to my node via DVSwitch on cellular etc. I connected to another user and confirmed it is working. My Allmon2 shows the connection from my node 48654 to node 52240/497330. But- my bubble chart shows no connections. Chart for 52240 shows connections properly. What could cause this?
Thx
Clifford- KK6QMS

I believe it’s because your node isn’t reporting stats. If you search for your node # on the main page, it’s not showing up.

I’ll be updating that page to reflect that it’s not reporting stats rather than saying “No connections”. Sorry for the confusion.

What distribution are you running?

I searched for it right before I posted and it was in the list. We have high winds here and internet has been intermittent a few times but I was connected for hours. Allmon conrtol panel only has “say App_rpt version” and I cannot do that right now. Not sure how to get the version but it is stock build from AllStar Link site.

My apt_rpt file looks right for status-

"; *** Status Reporting ***

; Uncomment either group following two statpost lines to report the status of your node to stats.allstarlink.org
; depending on whether you are running ACID, Debian or Limey Linux.
; The difference is simply where your wget is located.

; ** For ACID and Debian ***
statpost_program = /usr/bin/wget,-q,–timeout=15,–tries=1,–output-document=/dev/null
statpost_url = http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

; ** For Limey Linux **
;statpost_program = /bin/wget,-q,–timeout=15,–tries=1,–output-document=/dev/null
;statpost_url = http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates
"

I did see it pop up once so it’s somewhat working. That configuration is also correct. I suspect it may be related to your internet issues.

I’ll watch on our end to see what the traffic from your node looks like.

Thx for helping me out. I just connected to 29332 and it is not showing on the bubble chart. I can provide a list of port forward if needed etc.

The bubblenet is cached, so if you refresh, it’ll take up to 120 seconds for it to re-generate.

Unfortunately we have some people with broken scripts that hit the bubble map too often, so we had to implement some rate limiting.

1 Like

I’m seeing updates from 48654 now. Bubblemap also shows a bunch of connections, too. To kind of avoid the caching wait, don’t generate a bubblemap until after you’re connected, so it generates a fresh one the first time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meh- still not working from any browser after long connection time. Thx.

I’ll contact you directly tomorrow and try to figure out what’s happening.

1 Like

I checked it this am and it was working. Don’t want to waste your time if there actually is no issue but appreciate the support. I did search the community first and these posts do help others.

1 Like