Basic DMK URI setup instructions

I have looked all over- searched the wiki and community and web. I cannot find a basic config walk through. My first radio install and I am doing mine and a friend’s but not having any luck.
USBradio, simpleUSB- what’s the difference? Have enabled both separately but missing something as neither “tune” menu recognizes them as enabled.
Thx
Clifford

UPDATE-
simpleusb is working but I can only get the node to transmit out of the radio- I still am not able to tx into the node. There are no CTCSS tone parameters like there are in the usbradio cfg. Assume I set the CTCSS tone on the radio itself, correct? (bought a pre-fab cable to go between the DMK URI and the Alinco DR-135 2m mobile radio we are using so that part should be ok.)
I am able to key up the node over rf but only for a split second. Cannot sort out how to get audio into the node over the air. If I hold down the ptt on my radio eventually the node transmits courtesy tone and the CLI displays:

" – Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-1613155989’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-2089119557’"

The node transmits audio over the air out when I use iaxrpt or DVSwitch to connect and key up.

to enable a module or channel you need it to be loaded when asterisk start.

The module.conf file is what dictate asterisk to load some module or not load them.

they must be enabled in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf

···

Le jeu. 27 août 2020 à 03:49, Clifford Novey via AllStarLink Discussion Groups <noreply@community.allstarlink.org> a écrit :

| kk6qms
August 27 |

• | - |

I have looked all over- searched the wiki and community and web. I cannot find a basic config walk through. My first radio install and I am doing mine and a friend’s but not having any luck.
USBradio, simpleUSB- what’s the difference? Have enabled both separately but missing something as neither “tune” menu recognizes them as enabled.
Thx
Clifford

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

The split second key up might be the duplex= setting in rpt.conf. It should be 0 or 1 for simplex nodes.

1 Like

It is set to 1. Will try zero. Thx.
*tried zero- no change

Yes I understand. simpleusb is loading, tuning app works, etc. Just something in cfg in ASL or the radio that I am missing. Thx.

Do I set up PL on the radio, simpleusb, or both?

Clifford,

With the cable that you have, the COR line follows the tone decoder.

So the radio COR will only send a valid signal to the URIx when there is a valid signal on the Alinco’s receiver AND the proper tone is used to open the tone decoder on the radio.

Please set up the radio in the following manner.

DO NOT put your Alinco radio in DATA mode. You should NOT see | || |_ in the upper right corner of your Alinco LCD display.

In order to get a valid COR signal reading on your URI board you MUST have the PL decode requirement enabled on your Alinco radio, [T][SQ] should be visible on the top of the Alinco radio display. Make sure the radio you are talking on, is encoding the correct tone. You can verify this by turning up the Alinco volume control and see if you can hear yourself.

If you are using the official version of Allstarlink software you will need to configure the COR logic for Active LOW. You need to make sure of the following settings in your simpleusb.conf file which is located in; /etc/asterisk/

carrierfrom=usbinvert

ctcssfrom=no

Marshall - ke6pcv

1 Like

All suggestions applied- rebooted- it works!!! So excited! Now need to tweak levels etc.
Thanks everyone!!!

Rx audio over rf is low- tried all settings I can think of. Audio coming out of the node radio is great.

Clifford,

Login to your node.

Type the following command

sudo asl-menu

Select option 4

Select Item 2 Set Rx Voice Level (using display)

This will bring you to a real time display, where you can talk into the receiver. I think the default is 500.

Please enter your selection now: 2

RX VOICE DISPLAY:

v – 3KHz v – 5KHz

Try bumping it up to 750

and then watching the visual display you want the meter to go up almost to the 5KHz mark on the display for max deviation.

Then select W) Write (Save) Current Parameter Values

and then

1. Exit Menu

Reboot and see it that works.

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Clifford Novey via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:09 AM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Basic DMK URI setup instructions

|

kk6qms
August 27

|

• | - |

All suggestions applied- rebooted- it works!!! So excited! Now need to tweak levels etc.
Thanks everyone!!!

Rx audio over rf is low- tried all settings I can think of. Audio coming out of the node radio is great.

In Reply To

|

KE6PCV ASL Admin
August 27

|

• | - |

Clifford, With the cable that you have, the COR line follows the tone decoder. So the radio COR will only send a valid signal to the URIx when there is a valid signal on the Alinco’s receiver AND the proper tone is used to open the tone decoder on the radio. Please set up the radio in the followi…

Previous Replies

|

KE6PCV ASL Admin
August 27

|

• | - |

Clifford,

With the cable that you have, the COR line follows the tone decoder.

So the radio COR will only send a valid signal to the URIx when there is a valid signal on the Alinco’s receiver AND the proper tone is used to open the tone decoder on the radio.

Please set up the radio in the following manner.

DO NOT put your Alinco radio in DATA mode. You should NOT see | || |_ in the upper right corner of your Alinco LCD display.

In order to get a valid COR signal reading on your URI board you MUST have the PL decode requirement enabled on your Alinco radio, [T][SQ] should be visible on the top of the Alinco radio display. Make sure the radio you are talking on, is encoding the correct tone. You can verify this by turning up the Alinco volume control and see if you can hear yourself.

If you are using the official version of Allstarlink software you will need to configure the COR logic for Active LOW. You need to make sure of the following settings in your simpleusb.conf file which is located in; /etc/asterisk/

carrierfrom=usbinvert

ctcssfrom=no

Marshall - ke6pcv

|

kk6qms
August 27

|

• | - |

Do I set up PL on the radio, simpleusb, or both?

|

kk6qms
August 27

|

• | - |

Yes I understand. simpleusb is loading, tuning app works, etc. Just something in cfg in ASL or the radio that I am missing. Thx.

|

kk6qms
August 27

|

• | - |

It is set to 1. Will try zero. Thx.
*tried zero- no change

|

wd6awp ASL Admin
August 27

|

• | - |

The split second key up might be the duplex= setting in rpt.conf. It should be 0 or 1 for simplex nodes.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I just did that before you messaged me and settled on 825 for now. Awesome! Didn’t have to reboot. Backed up to asl server and local right away. hehe
Been years since I wanted to learn how to add a radio to a node. Thanks for the detailed instructions- these posts will help others for sure!
Clifford

1 Like

I am not getting courtesy tones when keying through DVSwitch.