ASL AMD Install fails

I downloaded the ASL AMD .iso, and used RUFUS to mount it on a usb flashdrive. The computer has a blank 8Gig SSD. I boot on the flashdrive, and get a graphic screen with install choices. I select ’ install ‘. I now have Debian installed. I login as ROOT, but there is NO allstarlink, and NO asterisk. There is NO ’ asl-menu’ as the instructions state. I try ’ apt-get install allstarlink ', but the package is not found. Where do I go from here? I’m lost. The online instructions are not helpful, there are lots of ’ holes ’ for people not familial with Linux. Is there somewhere to find a complete set of basic instructions?

Search asl-asterisk with apt.

asl-asterisk/unknown,now 1.01-20180226-6 i386 [installed,automatic]
Asterisk/app_rpt is a full featured, Linux based repeater controller with carrier quality VoIP full-duplex linking

GeorgeC W2DB

I had trouble as well when booting from USB flash drive. It failed when it got to network configuration. The install worked (the install script finished without error) when I booted off a DVD drive.

Just came across this same problem when trying to install from a flash drive. The boot screen from the image includes selecting ASL 64 bit, ASL 32 bit or standard Debian. The Debian install works fine, but the ASL installs do not. I’m guessing those images have something hard-coded to look at the DVD drive for content. When running from an external DVD, the installation completed fine.