Announcing a new Allmon

AllStarLink is pleased to announce a new version of Allmon.

Allmon3 is a complete rewrite of Allmon2. Its modern web design minimizes load on busy nodes and looks great across devices of any size.

Install instructions are on GitHub. Contact the author on GitHub for bug reports, feature requests and user support. Allmon3 is currently beta test.

2 Likes

Very nice to see AllMon updated. New GUI looks very clean. I build nodes (shipping out 3 this week already) and always include AllMon, Supermon and AllScan with them. …

ps. - Took a look at the docs and this does indeed sound like an entirely new AllMon. (And the ØMQ Guide has some great insights on how to move to better P2P/distributed software architectures.) Looks like AllMon3 is a truly modern industrial-grade monitoring app, though the install may be a bit complex for the average personal node. Will be giving it a try very soon though.

1 Like

Yeah, we are talking about ways to simplify the install.

I think the largest issue is the documentation I wrote for the installation. For a single repeater or personal node, the installation is as simple as installing the package, configuring /etc/allmon3/allmon3.ini, and enabling the configuration in Apache. Currently, the documentation is basically the “oh I added X let me shove the info about it into the file” and isn’t well-organized. I’m going to write a script to make even that part streamlined. However a “Quickstart” document is probably what README.md should be and then a more comprehensive set of docs in a separate file.

Someone on the forum who is good at documentation would be welcome to help with all that too.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Initial problem installing. User or node OS/version problem?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Will Allmon3 Run on Debian 9 and 19

A post was merged into an existing topic: Will Allmon3 Run on Debian 9 and 10

Way too complicated for this average user. Started getting dependency errors etc so not going to pursue it further. Nice to see new development though lots of hard work I am sure.

We’re still working on the installation process. It would be helpful to know what dependency errors you ran into and what platform you’re on.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Initial problem installing. User or node OS/version problem?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Severe : Could not contact the Allmon3 Manager