AllStar on alternate platforms

Fellows:

In an effort to find an alternative to the (now) high-priced Raspberry Pi, I’d like to create a image for a ARMv7 board called the NanoPi. This board runs a variant of Debian called Armbian. I have had no problem installing a number of packages from other repositories. When I looked at the Beta Apt Repository for AllStarLink, I see that the packages are quite dated. They are almost a year old. Can you tell me when the repository will be brought up to date to match the beta image for the Raspberry Pi?

1 Like

Have you tried the package on Armbian and does it even work? I’m not sure I understand what repo you are saying is out of date with what, but it may be better to build from source anyway.

DAHDI does not install.
Putting in the work to create the image with old programs does not seem to make much sense. The idea of the apt repository is so that a user can install without having to build from source. Yes, programs from another AllStar apt repository install and run fine, bu the idea is to create a image running on the NanoPi that is current with the AllStarLink beta.

Hey Scott. I’ve got some Pi2s I’ll sell you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And the price is?

Steve N4IRS

My bad, it turns out 1 is an original Pi and the other is a B+ model.

I decided to grab an Odroid C4 and installed Armbian Bullseye on it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear some libraries needed by the ASL Beta aren’t available for Armbian, at least not at the present time.

The C4 does seem quite nice however. I especially love being able to run it off 12 volts directly without the need to supply 5 volts to the board

Another good ASL build using tiny inexpensive Dell hardware- Nice full duplex build for under $200 (FCC cert components etc) - #7 by NR9V

Did you get anywhere with this? I have two Odroid C4’s and would like to install ASL on it. Has there been any recent developments that would make this possible?

No I haven’t as I moved on to using one of the various mini pc available out there, running x86_64 ASL in a virtual window under Proxmox.

Wanna buy a C4 cheap? :grinning:

I’m going to make the attempt to bring up ASL 2.x on the armbian based inovata quadra (Quadra – inovato)

Decent little boxes and reasonably priced.

I’m guessing I’ll run into dahdi and raspian kernel header issues. But I’m willing to try to compile from source if that might help. It’s also 64 bit, and from rusty memory I’m thinking there are ASL issues with that as well. (But it might be DVswitch I’m thinking of).

Anyone tried this? Or have suggestions?

Have fun,
Alan
KM4BA