Allstar and Pi4+

Hello Folks, Newly signed up member here. My question is obviously in the title. From reading here, it looks like there will be in the near future an Allstar Image for Pi4+. The current one does not work as it was designed for the Pi3B+. When can one expect a new image for Beta testing, etc? Or…should I just go out and purchase a Pi3B+ Kit and wait? If it is a matter of a couple of more weeks, I am fine with that. If it is another two months, then perhaps I should invest in the Pi3B+ and run that and save the Pi4+ for a bit later for another node.

While I am here, is it possible to install Echolink on the node, and have folks connect to where I am connected (Allstar), by using Echolink?

Thanks in advance for any provided information.

Regards,

Jeffrey–N6TDG

Welcome Jeffrey to the AllStarLink Community, There’s no set date for release of the Pi4 version but I’m told it should be very soon. If you get tired of waiting go ahead and get a Pi3. Even if the Pi4 version comes out soon after you could use the Pi3 for something else, like ISS Above or any number of other things.

AllStar comes with Echolink builtin. You just have to enable the module and configure your settings.

1 Like

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the information! And thanks for the information regarding the Echolink.

Regards,

Jeffrey

N6TDG

···

On Sep 24, 2019, at 8:01 PM, Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org wrote:

wd6awp
ASL Admin

September 25

Welcome Jeffrey to the AllStarLink Community, There’s no set date for release of the Pi4 version but I’m told it should be very soon. If you get tired of waiting go ahead and get a Pi3. Even if the Pi4 version comes out soon after you could use the Pi3 for something else, like ISS Above or any number of other things.

AllStar comes with Echolink builtin. You just have to enable the module and configure your settings.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Check out hamvoip.org

I should have read this before I ordered and received 5 Pi4’s. I didn’t realize it wasn’t supported. Any update on when it will be?

Adrian,

I think you made the right choice of getting Pi4s.

For the price you are paying, the hardware of the Pi4 is much better.

Support for the Pi4 is getting close. See this link.

https://community.allstarlink.org/t/asl-pi4-status/16787/3

Marshall - ke6pcv

···

From: Adrian VE7NZ via AllStarLink Discussion Groups [mailto:noreply@community.allstarlink.org]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 12:34 PM
To: ke6pcv@cal-net.org
Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [App_rpt-users] Allstar and Pi4+

VE7NZ
April 18

I should have read this before I ordered and received 5 Pi4’s. I didn’t realize it wasn’t supported. Any update on when it will be?

Previous Replies

KM4VPG
September 25

Check out hamvoip.org

Jeffrey
September 25

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the information! And thanks for the information regarding the Echolink.

Regards,

Jeffrey

N6TDG

··· (click for more details)

wd6awp ASL Admin
September 25

Jeffrey
September 25

Hello Folks, Newly signed up member here. My question is obviously in the title. From reading here, it looks like there will be in the near future an Allstar Image for Pi4+. The current one does not work as it was designed for the Pi3B+. When can one expect a new image for Beta testing, etc? Or…should I just go out and purchase a Pi3B+ Kit and wait? If it is a matter of a couple of more weeks, I am fine with that. If it is another two months, then perhaps I should invest in the Pi3B+ and run that and save the Pi4+ for a bit later for another node.

While I am here, is it possible to install Echolink on the node, and have folks connect to where I am connected (Allstar), by using Echolink?

Thanks in advance for any provided information.

Regards,

Jeffrey–N6TDG

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks for the update Marshall. This does sound encouraging. Looks like the waiting will be worth it. Thx! VE7NZ.