Allmon2 and/or supermon

I have a node running on a Rpi. Can someone give me a walk through for installing Allmon2?
As a side note I know there has been talk in the past about supermon being ported over to ASL…Did this happen? If not is it possible to install supermon ASL?

Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the AllStar Community forum.

The readme for Allmon2 has pretty good install instructions. Also a google search for “allmon install” will return some youtube videos and a number of other sites. However, all installs of ASL have Allmon2 already installed, you just need to configure it, rather than doing an install.

Allmon and Supermon are both just web applications so I see no reason why Supermon won’t install on ASL. You would need to do a full install of Supermon to get it running on ASL.

As far as configuring Allmon2 on ASL, basically, all you need to do is edit /var/www/html/allmon.ini.php and /etc/asterisk/manager.ini to set up (and match) the user ID and password.

Hope that gets you started. If you have any specific questions please let us know.

Well… I thought that Allmon2 was likely supposed to be installed when ASL was. However, when I went to configure Allmon2 I found that I didn’t have the /www directory. This is what started me thinking that I had to install it manually. I am working on a Rpi version of ASL. I did get Allmon2 and Apache installed and configured but I go to the Allmon page it shows “Waiting…” where the node info should be. I have checked the username and password more times than I have fingers. Some have mentioned that Allmon will not display correctly with Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and it still doesn’t display correctly. Since I was missing the /www directory from the start I am now wondering if that is a clue that something didn’t installed correctly from the start.

Thanks

Steve

Well… I thought that Allmon2 was likely supposed to be installed when ASL was. However, when I went to configure Allmon2 I found that I didn’t have the /www directory. This is what started me thinking that I had to install it manually. I am working on a Rpi version of ASL. I did get Allmon2 and Apache installed and configured but I go to the Allmon page it shows “Waiting…” where the node info should be. I have checked the username and password more times than I have fingers. Some have mentioned that Allmon will not display correctly with Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and it still doesn’t display correctly. Since I was missing the /www directory from the start I am now wondering if that is a clue that something didn’t installed correctly from the start.

Thanks

Steve

···

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------

From: Tim Sawyer via AllStarLink Discussion Groups noreply@community.allstarlink.org

Date: 6/10/19 1:20 PM (GMT-05:00)

To: srogers@epbfi.com

Subject: [AllStarLink Discussion Groups] [Allmon] Allmon2 and/or supermon

wd6awp

ASL Admin

June 10

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the AllStar Community forum.

The readme for Allmon2 has pretty good install instructions. Also a google search for “allmon install” will return some youtube videos and a number of other sites. However, all installs of ASL have Allmon2 already installed, you just need to configure it, rather than doing an install.

Allmon and Supermon are both just web applications so I see no reason why Supermon won’t install on ASL. You would need to do a full install of Supermon to get it running on ASL.

As far as configuring Allmon2 on ASL, basically, all you need to do is edit /var/www/html/allmon.ini.php and /etc/asterisk/manager.ini to set up (and match) the user ID and password.

Hope that gets you started. If you have any specific questions please let us know.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Well, when all else fails. Start with a clean slate. All is well now. Thanks guys…

1 Like