"Connecting to Asterisk Manager..." but never connects

I ran into this when helping a buddy with his node (Supermon). I found I needed to add his IP as an exception to my Virus checker (which also provides browsing protection). Once I did that, there was no problems with that

Thx for the suggestion. The ASL/Pi itself has issues as noted above- web browsers just reflecting that ASL no longer functioning properly on the Pi.

I am dead in the water. I donā€™t have access to the node physically and would really prefer not to have to start from a new image. Any other suggestions appreciated. ASL mentions " connect failed to asterisk manager" but I donā€™t know what the core ASL process or processes even are to try and resolve. Is there a way to do an in-place reinstall?

ASL mentions or Allmon does?

Both. It is not an Allmon issue. Allmon works fine but neither Allmon (Could not connect to Asterisk Manager.) or the CLI via telnet can connect to Iā€™m guessing the asterisk service? I donā€™t know what the ā€œAsterisk Managerā€ is referring to Iā€™m guessing the actual core service is ā€œasteriskā€.

Unfortunate there are no ways to apt-get-install-ASL or whatever steps could fix this. Its like ASL needs to be frozen in time and if you update it breaks things. Burned into my memory now. Iā€™ll just start over. So is ASL just not updated other than by entire new images being put on the site or are there updates that occur with the apt get upgrade/update processes? I donā€™t recall ever hearing to never update the OS on a Pi running ASL. I want to know the best practices moving forward.

Can anyone suggest why I see no online backups from within a new install? Edited the savenode.conf and it said it was pulling list but nothing there. I have made plenty of backups on the node prior to this rebuild. Node 52352. Trying to restore the files locally is a pain bc of permissions. Any info appreciated. Thank you.